PDA

View Full Version : Searching for a new diaper bag

TwoBees
11-17-2010, 12:48 PM
I've probably posted this before, but I still haven't found one that meets my needs, so I'm posting again. I have the Skip Hop Studio Tote and LOVE it, but it's too big for quick outings now that DD is older. So I need something smaller. I'm looking for a bag that is/has:

smaller than the Studio Tote
lightweight
has at least 1 bottle compartment (does not have to be insulated)
has lots of pockets
doesn't look like a diaper bag
has 2 shorter shoulder straps (like the studio tote) or a single strap that can be shortened so that the bag sits right under my armpit when carried.
Some way to hang from a stroller
a zippered main compartment is a bonus, but not necessary

I do not like messengers or cross body bags. I'd would really really like to spend under $100.

I'm not really asking for that much, right? :tongue5:

Gracemom
11-17-2010, 01:16 PM
Sounds like the Ju Ju Be Behave would be perfect for you. http://www.shopjujube.com/Product.aspx?l=00010005000000000000&p=JJB01320 I love mine! The price is a bit more than you want, but the quality is great. You might find one for less in the Ju Ju Be pink room.

swissair81
11-17-2010, 08:18 PM
What about the new skip hop versa?

lhafer
11-17-2010, 08:34 PM
What about the new skip hop versa?

:yeahthat: I also have the studio tote (and LOVE it), but would like a bit of a smaller bag myself. I am DROOLING over the new Skip Hop Versa. I have not been able to see one in person. I asked Skip Hop CS about it, they said it's bigger than the Dash, but smaller than the Tote. And it looks like a purse. Not many colors/designs to choose from though.

The Versa and your criteria:
smaller than the Studio Tote - yes it is
lightweight - yes - 1.5 pounds or so
has at least 1 bottle compartment (does not have to be insulated) - 2 insulated bottle compartments
has lots of pockets - has classic skip hop organization
doesn't look like a diaper bag - looks like a purse
has 2 shorter shoulder straps (like the studio tote) or a single strap that can be shortened so that the bag sits right under my armpit when carried. - has one adjustable strap, not sure how 'under the arm' it can go
Some way to hang from a stroller - has Skip Hop's shuttle clip system
a zippered main compartment is a bonus, but not necessary - has zippered main compartment, and a smaller zippered pocket on the front, perfect for cell phones

http://www.skiphop.com/product/versa.html

http://www.growingyourbaby.com/2010/09/20/skiphop-introduces-the-versa-diaper-bag/

mackmama
11-17-2010, 08:56 PM
You might also like JuJuBe's BeTween.

TwoBees
11-17-2010, 10:53 PM
I actually saw the Versa this weekend--I had also been drooling over it. Lengthwise, it's nearly as long as the Studio Tote. Hmm. Maybe I should go back and look at it again. I'll also take a look at the BeTween. Thanks.

swissair81
11-17-2010, 11:55 PM
[QUOTE=lhafer;2926428]:yeahthat: I also have the studio tote (and LOVE it), but would like a bit of a smaller bag myself. I am DROOLING over the new Skip Hop Versa. I have not been able to see one in person. I asked Skip Hop CS about it, they said it's bigger than the Dash, but smaller than the Tote. And it looks like a purse. Not many colors/designs to choose from though.

BBB has them.

TwoBees
11-18-2010, 10:25 AM
Ok, I'm going to take the plunge and order the BeTween and Versa and actually try them out at home with all the stuff I actually need to carry around. Now the only problem is, which pattern? Also, another other suggestions before I place my order? Thanks again!

lhafer
11-18-2010, 10:54 AM
[QUOTE=lhafer;2926428]:yeahthat: I also have the studio tote (and LOVE it), but would like a bit of a smaller bag myself. I am DROOLING over the new Skip Hop Versa. I have not been able to see one in person. I asked Skip Hop CS about it, they said it's bigger than the Dash, but smaller than the Tote. And it looks like a purse. Not many colors/designs to choose from though.

BBB has them.

Wish I had one near me. The closest one to me is 4 hours away in Austin. I live in Houston. :cry:

love-pink
11-18-2010, 01:14 PM
Ok, I'm going to take the plunge and order the BeTween and Versa and actually try them out at home with all the stuff I actually need to carry around. Now the only problem is, which pattern? Also, another other suggestions before I place my order? Thanks again!

please take pics!!! i need a good bag but wont be able to buy one until tax time. im drooling over that behave!

Momto1
11-18-2010, 01:22 PM

I have a BeTween in Lotus Lullaby and it's gorgeous! But it does look like a diaper bag. I'm drooling over the BeHave but I've spent way too much money on bags lately so I'll have to wait a little before I order one.

swissair81
11-18-2010, 02:18 PM

http://www.littledudesanddivas.com/jjbtwnlush.html The lush paisley between is on sale. I have a packabe in that color & it is so gorgeous. As for the versa, I like the cream & orange one.

swissair81
11-18-2010, 02:19 PM
I actually had to pare down my jjb collection because they are just too heavy fully loaded. I am hoping I sold my Be Fab & I'm thinking of selling my BFF in MM. I haven't used it yet & I'm kind of sad, but have no choice. My back has been bothering me way too much lately. I bought a Skip Hop Duo in wave & I have my Gigi.