PDA

View Full Version : How do I keep my leather laces tied on my moccasins?

elektra
11-17-2010, 02:55 PM
This is so random I know, but It's bugging the crap out of me. I went ahead and got the L.L. Bean Wicked Good moccasins. They are super cozy, cute, warm- all that I wanted. HOWEVER the ties are always coming undone.
I had Ugg moccasins before these and I had the same problem. I even bought a different pair of the Wicked good slippers first, but I didn't like them as much as the mocs (minus the laces), so I just went ahead and go the mocs.

Is there some kind of spray (scotch guard or something?) that will set them tied?

I ended up cutting off the laces on the Uggs but it looked really ugly.

I'm sure everyone knows by now that I am clueless about all things crafty, or things related to practical around-the-house common sense.

wendibird22
11-17-2010, 03:19 PM
A dot of clear nail polish or crazy glue :shrug:

lobstergirl
11-20-2010, 10:20 PM
Or Elmer's glue... non-toxic and dries clear!:)

BabyBearsMom
11-22-2010, 10:57 AM
I have the same problem. I ended up just tucking them into the slipper. Not cute, but all I could think to do.

ThreeofUs
11-22-2010, 12:08 PM
Do it the Down East way. Dampen laces. Square knot first to loose fit on your foot. Then a hangman's knot with the rest of the lace as close as you can make it to the square knot. Always works for us, with our LLB slippers as well as boat shoes.