PDA

View Full Version : ISO best deal on Playmobil Magic Castle

jerigirl
11-17-2010, 03:08 PM
I am trying to help a friend get the Playmobil Magic Castle for her DD. We have looked at amazon and TRU. Any other sites/stores we should be looking at?

ett
11-18-2010, 02:11 AM
www.ridgeroadstation.com

wimama
11-18-2010, 09:05 AM
If you have any local Learning shops I would try to see if they have a mailing list and any holiday coupons. Our local Learning Express had some good %off coupons (25% off?) on the back cover of their Holiday catalog. However, be sure to compare the stores pricing. I have found it varies considerably from store to store. Like 20% off our local Learning Shop is a lousy deal, because their mark up on Playmobil is so high. Although, our Learning Express has their Playmobil listed at the same prices as the Playmobil website. So, their % off coupons are a good deal.

I have bought a few pieces from Ridge Road Station. No complaints. Fair prices and fast delivery.

jerigirl
11-18-2010, 10:02 AM
If you have any local Learning shops I would try to see if they have a mailing list and any holiday coupons. Our local Learning Express had some good %off coupons (25% off?) on the back cover of their Holiday catalog. However, be sure to compare the stores pricing. I have found it varies considerably from store to store. Like 20% off our local Learning Shop is a lousy deal, because their mark up on Playmobil is so high. Although, our Learning Express has their Playmobil listed at the same prices as the Playmobil website. So, their % off coupons are a good deal.

I have bought a few pieces from Ridge Road Station. No complaints. Fair prices and fast delivery.

Thanks for this. We have a local US Toys (constructive playthings) and they are having a Nov special with 20% off and then another 20% off on a certain evening this month, but they start the castle at $189. I will check our local Learning Express too. Although I think my friend now might be leaning toward the M&D folding castle with PM accessories.

wimama
11-18-2010, 01:57 PM
http://store.playmobilusa.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-US-Site/en_US/Product-Show?pid=4250&cgid=Maerchenschloss

This is what the Playmobil website lists that at, $134.99. I try to find a sale with base prices comparable to the Playmobil website. Most of the prices I have seen on Ridge Road Station have been comparable to the Playmobil website (at least their sale prices are).

Just looked Ridge Road's website. It seems like their sale price is the same as Playmobil and they have a code for 10% off Playmobil & Free shipping over $50 of Playmobil.

ett
11-18-2010, 02:25 PM
Playmobil actually sells their stuff at below MSRP on their website. Stores with a price higher than Playmobil's site means it's probably selling it at MSRP. One of our local toy store's coupons exclude Playmobil and Lego, so it doesn't matter what their prices are.