PDA

View Full Version : Maxikick 30% off at Kickboardsusa.com

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
11-17-2010, 03:18 PM
Best present ever! Code=toobigformini

calv
11-17-2010, 03:28 PM
what is it about these that makes them so special? exactly which one is 30% off?

keckert
11-17-2010, 03:41 PM
Not for the Mini though???? :(((

Zaney
11-17-2010, 04:04 PM
Not for the Mini though???? :(((

Oh man if it's for the mini I'll cry. I literally just ordered it off of Amazon for DD for xmas. I know I probably should have held off to see if anything goes on sale for xmas, but DD really wants the orange one.

elbenn
11-17-2010, 04:07 PM
Thank you so much for posting! I was hoping these would go on sale. Thanks!!!

Melaine
11-17-2010, 04:10 PM
Oh man if it's for the mini I'll cry. I literally just ordered it off of Amazon for DD for xmas. I know I probably should have held off to see if anything goes on sale for xmas, but DD really wants the orange one.

I tried it on the mini just for fun and it does NOT work. Just figured I'd check. :love-retry: Good for me, because I would have been tempted.

nabigus
11-17-2010, 04:29 PM
Man oh man, I wish we'd waited!

This scooter is *awesome*! If you have a 4+ year old, I'd get this one instead of the mini. The shortest height is equivalent to the mini, and it will last much, much longer. My 5 year old ds loves his to death. Best toy ever.

mom2224
11-17-2010, 04:36 PM
I almost pulled the trigger with the 20% off code a couple months back, but sooo glad I waited. My almost 4 yr old loves his mini and now we can pass down the mini to DS2 who loves it as well. DS1 will be thrilled with a new Maxi.

Thank you OP. The maxi is $105 shipped. ho ho ho :D

pb&j
11-17-2010, 04:37 PM
Hoooooooooraaaaaayyyyyy!!!!!

I've been waiting for a code to get a maxi kick for DS. I was just about to give up and order anyway, this is awesome. Thank you!

maybeebaby08
11-17-2010, 04:52 PM
I want to get DD one for her 3rd birthday in May, I m leaning towards the Maxi because the height is the same as the Mini. I d like it to last as long as possible, would the Maxi be ok or should I go for the Mini?

Ceepa
11-17-2010, 05:58 PM
I want to get DD one for her 3rd birthday in May, I m leaning towards the Maxi because the height is the same as the Mini. I d like it to last as long as possible, would the Maxi be ok or should I go for the Mini?

I'd get the Maxi if they're the same height, that way you'll have more than one year's worth of use.

turtle12
11-17-2010, 10:05 PM
thanks for posting this! i can't decide on a t-bar or the pilot/joystick for a 7 year old...thoughts?

shoxie
11-17-2010, 10:44 PM
thanks for posting this! i can't decide on a t-bar or the pilot/joystick for a 7 year old...thoughts?

Yes, anyone have any guidance WRT what your kiddos prefer? I have no clue which one to buy...

nrp
11-18-2010, 12:23 AM
Thanks! I had been meaning to place an order for a maxi for DD's 4th birthday next month, so this is great! I ordered the orange t-bar, and I think she'll love it.

kristal
11-18-2010, 05:45 AM
Thanks op! Any idea on the expiry date for the code? Just wondering how much time I have to ponder over this. Also as pp asked, any guidance on pilot vs t-bar would be appreciated. We have the mini for DS and would like to order the maxi for his next birthday.

daphne
11-18-2010, 07:43 AM
what is it about these that makes them so special? exactly which one is 30% off?

:yeahthat:

My almost 6yo likes razor, but prefers his bike. Why are these so fantastic? I'd be tempted to get one, if I knew!

nabigus
11-18-2010, 08:50 AM
Our super physically agile 5 y.o. ds loves his t-bar. I think he's going to be very happy with the t-bar for a long time to come. And when/if he's ready for the ball top (and at the rate he's trying stunts....), you can get the top part and change it out.

One thing to note is that they sell spare parts in general:
http://www.kickboardusa.com/parts-accessories/parts-%28maxi%29

As to why they're so fabulous: oh, where to begin. We live in the city, and there's nothing like a stable scooter for city streets. The big thing is that you can go reallllly slowly on the scooter (as well as really fast, of course) without toppling over. The other thing is that instead of steering by turning the t-bar, you lean the whole handlebar to one side or the other, so it's a very smooth motion, and very fine-grained steering. This and the mini have been, hands down, the best kid purchase we've made to date. Ds learned to ride a bike, and we were hesitating over whether to get him the maxi since he had a bike--so, so glad we did.

Hippoharbor
11-18-2010, 09:33 AM
UPDATE: I tried to go through the checkout process a second time and, instead of going through paypal, I did the guest checkout and was able to use the code. Thank you to OP. My DS will love this gift. BTW, I got the pilot handle. Looks neat.

HELP Me

maybeebaby08
11-18-2010, 10:29 AM
Thanks OP! I ordered one for DD. I babysit an 8yo and I think when he sees this he'll want to "try it" and I'm was afraid he'd break the Mini, so I called CS and they said that the Mini/Maxi are the same except the Maxi has a higher weight limit and weighs 2.2lbs more. He recommended I go with the Maxi with the T bar.

Melaine
11-18-2010, 10:46 AM
So I'm really confused....is there no reason to buy the mini over the maxi other than the price difference?

maybeebaby08
11-18-2010, 11:01 AM
So I'm really confused....is there no reason to buy the mini over the maxi other than the price difference?

From what I ve read and after talking to CS it seems better to go with the Maxi, it ll last longer because the handle bar is adjustable. He said if you're on the edge then we recommend the Maxi. I felt better going with the Maxi plus in a few years you can switch out the t bar for a,pilot stick.

mickminmom
11-18-2010, 12:25 PM
Thanks to OP for code! Got the Maxi Tbar in black and can't wait for Christmas! I have been eyeing these for a long time since reading about them on the BBB.

infomama
11-18-2010, 02:39 PM
Awesome! Got dd2 a Maxi in blue.

boogiemom
11-18-2010, 05:34 PM
THANK YOU! Needed two and saved $90!!! :)

shoxie
11-18-2010, 11:17 PM
Thx, I think! LOL... I got a T-Bar for DD who will hopefully pass it down to her two little brothers when the time comes...or so I say in justification of this purchase... ;)

keckert
11-19-2010, 09:06 AM
Alright, my inlaws just bought 2! One to replace the one I ran over for DD#2 at Xmas, and one for DD#1 (who always try to steal DD#2's) for her birthday in February. THanks OP!

fortato
11-19-2010, 09:49 AM
Man oh man, I wish we'd waited!

This scooter is *awesome*! If you have a 4+ year old, I'd get this one instead of the mini. The shortest height is equivalent to the mini, and it will last much, much longer. My 5 year old ds loves his to death. Best toy ever.

This. It's sitting in my kitchen, because it's too cold to ride outside... Jack uses it EVERY day!!! LOVE it!

ohiomom25
11-19-2010, 08:47 PM
Thanks! My 6 year old will love this.

FedBaby
11-20-2010, 02:31 PM
What age to people recommend starting this at?

maybeebaby08
11-23-2010, 08:42 PM
Our Maxi came today and I opened it to make sure it would fit DD , she was so excited as soon as she saw the box. I opened it and she hopped right on it and started scooting away with no problem. I d definitely recommend the Maxi even for younger kids. DD is 2.5 about 35 inches tall and the lowest setting was a great fit.

Thanks OP for the code, its a great gift!

pb&j
11-23-2010, 08:59 PM
Thanks OP! I ordered one for DD. I babysit an 8yo and I think when he sees this he'll want to "try it" and I'm was afraid he'd break the Mini, so I called CS and they said that the Mini/Maxi are the same except the Maxi has a higher weight limit and weighs 2.2lbs more. He recommended I go with the Maxi with the T bar.

They are definitely not the same - the front wheels are bigger on the Maxi, the deck is bigger on the Maxi, and the brakes are different.

I just got one of each for Xmas - I'm glad I went with the mini for DD, she's just 2, and is such a tiny little pipsqueak (23lbs and 32in) that the extra size and weight of the Maxi are definitely not a plus for her. She's a peanut, and we guess she's got several years left before outgrowing the Mini. But for a slightly older, average (or bigger) sized kiddo, the Maxi would probably be the way to go, especially while this screamin' deal is going on!

Minnifer
11-24-2010, 11:27 AM
Our Maxi came today and I opened it to make sure it would fit DD , she was so excited as soon as she saw the box. I opened it and she hopped right on it and started scooting away with no problem. I d definitely recommend the Maxi even for younger kids. DD is 2.5 about 35 inches tall and the lowest setting was a great fit.

Maybeebaby, does your DD have any issues with the weight of the Maxi? My DD tried a Mini at a friend's house this past weekend and loved it, so I was thinking about one of these for Christmas. But I saw this code (which still works!) so now I was considering the Maxi instead - my DD is also 2.5 and is almost 37 inches tall, so I'm guessing the height will be fine, just a bit worried about the extra weight (the Mini is 3.3 lbs and the Maxi is 5.5). Thanks!

turtle12
11-24-2010, 11:50 AM
we had the mini and just got the maxi. i think the mini's weight is ideal for the 2-4 year set. i think the maxi is pretty heavy for a toddler.

maybeebaby08
11-24-2010, 01:11 PM
Maybeebaby, does your DD have any issues with the weight of the Maxi? My DD tried a Mini at a friend's house this past weekend and loved it, so I was thinking about one of these for Christmas. But I saw this code (which still works!) so now I was considering the Maxi instead - my DD is also 2.5 and is almost 37 inches tall, so I'm guessing the height will be fine, just a bit worried about the extra weight (the Mini is 3.3 lbs and the Maxi is 5.5). Thanks!

DD has been on it all morning, and the weight hasn't been a problem, we haven't used it outside yet but it doesn't look like it ll be a problem.

Tinochka
11-25-2010, 03:14 PM
Is mini going to be on sale any time soon?
My son is skinny and tall (2.9 months old now), is it better to buy mini?
DS is not wild about his Kettler trike, but once I saw him grabbing smb's scooter and he was confident! Is this product better than Razor?

Tinochka
11-25-2010, 04:07 PM
Any suggestions?
Thank you!

bbbreader
11-25-2010, 08:56 PM
Just in case you go with the mini - when i called customer service, they did give me a 10% code even though they weren't on sale. So I think you just need to call them and ask - 10% plus free shipping.

maylips
11-25-2010, 10:33 PM
I'm late to the party, but wanted to ask why this is $70 better than a $30 scooter at Toys R Us, Target, etc. Naturally, my DH raised the price flag when I showed him the site and your rave reviews so I want to tell him why it's worth it.

daphne
11-26-2010, 10:29 PM
I'm late to the party, but wanted to ask why this is $70 better than a $30 scooter at Toys R Us, Target, etc. Naturally, my DH raised the price flag when I showed him the site and your rave reviews so I want to tell him why it's worth it.

I'm wondering the same thing. My DS loves his Razor, so I'm wondering if this one is worth it...

carolinamama
11-26-2010, 10:38 PM
I'm wondering the same thing. My DS loves his Razor, so I'm wondering if this one is worth it...

Me too. DS1 rides his Razor scooter alot and loves it and I'm trying to figure out if this would be worth it for him. Please tell us if you've had both.

Tinochka
11-29-2010, 02:11 AM
I am wondering if anybody knows when will be a sale for a mini?

american_mama
11-29-2010, 04:41 AM
I have long had the same question about what makes this better but have rarely found an answer. I did bite and buy one (but have not yet received it), and then happened to see one IRL in a store this weekend. I tried it in the store for all of two minutes, so take my info. with a big grain of salt. But, if my first impressions are more helpful than nothing at all, here goes.

The Maxikick is made differently than a Razor: it has two wheels at the front and one in the back, the board you step on is plastic and has a little giveand a side-to-side sway action. Because of the give and sway, it felt a little less stable to me than a regular scooter, but also a little more bouncy and fun. You could lean with your feet and body to turn, which was cool but also a bit difficult for me (perhaps due to the confines of the small store)? I thought my $100 purchase could go either way: more fun than a regular scooter and therefore liked or harder to control and less secure than a regular scooter and therefore disliked.

DD1, aged 8, tried it and liked it, but it was hardly a long term test. It was the pilot ball handle in the store, and I found that very difficult to use. Glad I ordered the T bar.

nfceagles
11-29-2010, 08:42 AM
I've got similar concerns comparing it to a Razor. I also worry that it LOOKS like a 3-wheel scooter for kids who aren't yet ready for a 2-wheel scooter. My 5.5 DS has been slower to take to bikes and scooters so I'm concerned he'll be embarrassed riding it around his friends and their Razors. Then I'll just end up purchasing a Razor.

shp
02-09-2011, 10:19 AM
Just wanna say thank you to the OP. As of last night, the code is still working. So I was able to order one for DS's upcoming birthday. I hope he will like it!