PDA

View Full Version : Help me pick a Boden item for me...

alien_host
11-17-2010, 04:36 PM
I have my $25 to spend. I'm 5'1", small chested and about a size 2. I'd love some suggestions. A top or sweater is probably what I need most.

I was thinking:
http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Womens-Tops-T-shirts/3_4-Sleeved-Tops/WL557/Womens-Drapey-Jersey-Top.html?NavGroupID=18

or

http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Womens-Tops-T-shirts/3_4-Sleeved-Tops/WL554/Womens-Cosmopolitan-Tee.html#opcs=1

Has anyone bought these?

boltfam
11-17-2010, 05:08 PM
My cosmopolitan tee is on its way! I asked the same question a couple of weeks ago, and another mama gave me some good feedback on it! If you're willing to spend some extra, I just got this and LOVE it!
http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Womens-Tops-T-shirts/Long-Sleeved-Tops/WL560/Womens-Drapey-Jersey-Cardigan.html?NavGroupID=18

WatchingThemGrow
11-17-2010, 05:19 PM
My cosmopolitan tee is on its way! I asked the same question a couple of weeks ago, and another mama gave me some good feedback on it! If you're willing to spend some extra, I just got this and LOVE it!
http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Womens-Tops-T-shirts/Long-Sleeved-Tops/WL560/Womens-Drapey-Jersey-Cardigan.html?NavGroupID=18
Ooh, I like that! Wish I had another voucher, lol. I got the Cosmopolitan Tee first, but I need another fun top like that cardigan!

ett
11-17-2010, 11:35 PM
I ordered the cosmopolitan tee earlier this season, but I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it yet. I'm sort of between 2 sizes for this top. The smaller size is a little tight at my shoulders but the next size up is a little loose overall.

I want to get something for myself with the voucher too, but I'm going to be boring and just order the fun socks.

I do a lot of ordering and returning with their clothes to figure out sizing, and I'm not sure how they would handle the voucher in that situation.

citymama
11-18-2010, 01:30 AM
OP, I'm 5'6" and also small-chested/size 2 or 4. I would go for the drapey jersey - I considered both, but thought the cosmopolitan looked a little too maternity for me. Maybe it's because I wore maternity clothes for the last year and am finally back in my old clothes 6 months post partum and want to show off the skinnier me! Hmm, come to think of it, I think *I* need the drapey jersey top too...;)

ett
11-18-2010, 01:39 AM
OP, I'm 5'6" and also small-chested/size 2 or 4. I would go for the drapey jersey - I considered both, but thought the cosmopolitan looked a little too maternity for me. Maybe it's because I wore maternity clothes for the last year and am finally back in my old clothes 6 months post partum and want to show off the skinnier me! Hmm, come to think of it, I think *I* need the drapey jersey top too...;)

What size are you ordering?

citymama
11-18-2010, 01:53 AM
What size are you ordering?

If I order, I'd get the 4...

alien_host
11-18-2010, 08:21 PM
I was also worried the Cosmopolitan might be maternity looking...ett, what did you think? I know the reviews say it is not but I wonder. Also ett, what size were you going between on that top?

I'm going to ponder some more! Or order socks!

WitMom
11-18-2010, 09:10 PM
boltfam, that is a cute cardigan! What color did you get? What do you wear with it? I can't put an outfit together to save my life, so I always copy others lol.

citymama
11-18-2010, 09:26 PM
If you're willing to spend some extra, I just got this and LOVE it!

OK, boltfam, we really are "great minds who think alike." I was so close to pulling the trigger on that one when my DH stopped me - he thought it didn't look like it would be flattering (too big and billowy for my small frame). But it looks really comfy and cute! What's the verdict? And how does it fit?

DrSally
11-18-2010, 10:19 PM
I like both those tops (as well as the sweaters in the pics.

boltfam
11-19-2010, 01:53 AM
boltfam, that is a cute cardigan! What color did you get? What do you wear with it? I can't put an outfit together to save my life, so I always copy others lol.

Oh, I'm a copcat, too! I ordered the navy and gray stripe one and wear it with jeans and a white cami. My jeans are dark, and it looks fine, but I think light would look better. That's really all I have to wear it with right now, but will soon have a Boden denim skirt and the green cami pictured to wear with it. I'm not sure the shape of the skirt and the shape of the cardi will "go" but I'm gonna try it, and then I just need some tights and boots...
I saw another pic on the Boden site of someone wearing it belted. It looked cute on the model, but I can't pull that off! I've got a really high waist.

OK, boltfam, we really are "great minds who think alike." I was so close to pulling the trigger on that one when my DH stopped me - he thought it didn't look like it would be flattering (too big and billowy for my small frame). But it looks really comfy and cute! What's the verdict? And how does it fit?

Wow! We do think alike...it's almost scary!

The cardigan is super comfy! When I first tried it on, I thought it looked too big and billowy for my not-as-small as yours frame. ;) I gave it a second chance, though, and do like it. I have to be kind of careful with how it drapes. I'm embarrassed to admit I took *several* pictures of myself using the timer on my camera to see how it looked on me draped in various ways. When I wear it as wide open as the model is wearing it is when it looks best. Too far closed definately does NOTHING for my figure...I was appalled when I looked at that picture. Eeeeewwww.

Thankfully, it tends to fall where it looks best (probably due to Boden's wonderful design). I think you got it right when you said it is a cute and comfy cardigan but I also agree that it is not going to show off your new post-baby skinny body as well as some other tops might.

Oh, I should add that I think mine might be a little big b/c I'm still losing baby weight, and my measurements now are closer to the next size down. I guess I should have waited a little longer to buy. :6:The correct size might not be as billowy. If you can do free returns, it would definately be worth a try!

bandgsmama
11-19-2010, 10:12 AM
Oh, I'm a copcat, too! I ordered the navy and gray stripe one and wear it with jeans and a white cami. My jeans are dark, and it looks fine, but I think light would look better. That's really all I have to wear it with right now, but will soon have a Boden denim skirt and the green cami pictured to wear with it. I'm not sure the shape of the skirt and the shape of the cardi will "go" but I'm gonna try it, and then I just need some tights and boots...
I saw another pic on the Boden site of someone wearing it belted. It looked cute on the model, but I can't pull that off! I've got a really high waist.

Wow! We do think alike...it's almost scary!

The cardigan is super comfy! When I first tried it on, I thought it looked too big and billowy for my not-as-small as yours frame. ;) I gave it a second chance, though, and do like it. I have to be kind of careful with how it drapes. I'm embarrassed to admit I took *several* pictures of myself using the timer on my camera to see how it looked on me draped in various ways. When I wear it as wide open as the model is wearing it is when it looks best. Too far closed definately does NOTHING for my figure...I was appalled when I looked at that picture. Eeeeewwww.

Thankfully, it tends to fall where it looks best (probably due to Boden's wonderful design). I think you got it right when you said it is a cute and comfy cardigan but I also agree that it is not going to show off your new post-baby skinny body as well as some other tops might.

Oh, I should add that I think mine might be a little big b/c I'm still losing baby weight, and my measurements now are closer to the next size down. I guess I should have waited a little longer to buy. :6:The correct size might not be as billowy. If you can do free returns, it would definately be worth a try!

Copycat here too! thanks for suggesting this cardi! I just ordered it!

ett
11-19-2010, 02:22 PM
I was also worried the Cosmopolitan might be maternity looking...ett, what did you think? I know the reviews say it is not but I wonder. Also ett, what size were you going between on that top?

I'm going to ponder some more! Or order socks!

Even though I'm small chested, I have broader shoulders so I can't fit into the smaller sizes because they're too tight at the shoulders. So the size 6 was tight in the shoulders but 8 was a little big overall. I have this problem in general with form fitting tops.

boltfam
11-19-2010, 04:23 PM
Copycat here too! thanks for suggesting this cardi! I just ordered it!

I hope you like it! What color did you get?

AnnieW625
11-19-2010, 04:30 PM
I like the first top but only in the green color, and in my size it's sold out (that usually happens any time I see something at Boden that I like). I think that the second top looks too much like a maternity top.

bandgsmama
11-19-2010, 10:26 PM
I hope you like it! What color did you get?

i told you i was a copy cat the grey striped one!

alien_host
12-14-2010, 09:12 PM
so I got this: http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Womens-Tops-T-shirts/3_4-Sleeved-Tops/WL557/Womens-Drapey-Jersey-Top.html?NavGroupID=18

and I'm not thrilled...it has two layers and the part at the neckline keeps "flipping over" so you see the inside seam. It really doesn't seem too big but it is driving me nuts...not sure I can wear it. I only paid $7 something since I had the $25 voucher and a credit. I don't want to pay to do the return.

Any ideas, I like the top overall but this neckline thing is annoying (I'd be constantly fixing it)?

DrSally
12-14-2010, 10:30 PM
so I got this: http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Womens-Tops-T-shirts/3_4-Sleeved-Tops/WL557/Womens-Drapey-Jersey-Top.html?NavGroupID=18

and I'm not thrilled...it has two layers and the part at the neckline keeps "flipping over" so you see the inside seam. It really doesn't seem too big but it is driving me nuts...not sure I can wear it. I only paid $7 something since I had the $25 voucher and a credit. I don't want to pay to do the return.

Any ideas, I like the top overall but this neckline thing is annoying (I'd be constantly fixing it)?

That is such a cute top for under cardy's. It's weird that it's flipping over like that. You'd think they would have that kink ironed out. Have you tried pressing the top with an iron and maybe even some starch?

Mom Magic
12-14-2010, 11:50 PM
Not only do I have the drapey jersey top, I am actually wearing it right now! My top seam does not flip over at all and lies perfectly flat. However, it was very wrinkly when it came out of the package and I ironed it before wearing, so maybe that is why this is not a problem. I definitely pressed it around the neck because the pleats were all uneven from the package. I would give that a try. I wore my under the Boden velvet blazer that I got a month or so ago and I think it looked really nice together.

Andie