PDA

View Full Version : christmas for a 3.5 year old girl

kochh2
11-17-2010, 05:01 PM
So, DD is so easy to shop for this year, but DD, age 3, soon to be 4 after Christmas, is harder. we have some things for her, but she has only asked for a few things, which we've gotten... she's not really around a ton of other kids as a daycare or anything, so doesn't really ask for much. Give me some suggestions of things your DD likes at this age, or that you have for your little one!!!

Melaine
11-17-2010, 05:06 PM
Here is our birthday and possible Christmas list from the other thread: For their 4th birthday the girls just got:

dress-up shoes, wands, and boas (big hits, especially the shoes)
pillow pets (very big hit)
Melissa & Doug Bday cake (a hit, and one I know will continue to get daily play)
Piggy Paint (love this!)
Musical set (hasn't gotten much love yet)
Doodle Bears (They loved, but then marker didn't wash off, WTH?)
Princess Story book (big hit)
Robin Hood Disney DVD (also a hit)

For Christmas we already have:
6 layer block cart
FAO wood vanity sets
toy cash registers
Only Hearts Club dolls & horses
Toy Story 2 Tshirt
princess costumes (Halloween super clearance)
Leapster Dora games and Leapster Backyardagins games
a couple DVDs
Tons of littlest pet shop toys
Alphabet Bingo

some stocking stuff

Probably:
Make some more clothes for their Waldorf dolls. At least a nightgown and slippers. Maybe matching pillowcase dresses for the girls and their dolls if I find the time and the perfect pillowcases
Sleeping bags for the dolls
Maybe make ballet bags?
Hairbands like Sweaty Bands

Maybe:
Tinkerbell Bluray
Toy Story 3 Bluray
Fancy Nancy books

I would like to get, but probably won't splurge for:
Balance bikes
Wiggle cars
Bottlecap necklaces

brittone2
11-17-2010, 05:08 PM
:waving4:

DD requested: (this is both bday and Christmas)
Baby carrier (got her an ergo on amazon)
stable for horses (my parents got her a breyer one; she's getting my old breyer horse collection I have stashed in the basement)
microphone of some type (to be determined...)
a bracelet
And you know my monkey...she wants gymnastics mats but we might wait for the next house to buy that and some rings, etc. for the basement.

She's also getting some doll dresses picked up last year on that crazy good Target sale before Christmas.

She's all about her babies again currently. Your dd isn't as into dolls though right??

KrisM
11-17-2010, 05:08 PM
DD is 4.5 and this is what she likes.

Lots of dress up. We're adding more because it gets used daily.
Magnatiles
Princesses
Dolls - she has a Corolle doll and is getting the wardrobe from Target and some more clothes
Art supplies, including an easel for Christmas
magnetic dress up dolls
My Little Pony
Anything horses - she's getting a barn and horses for Christmas

boolady
11-17-2010, 05:36 PM
DD just turned 4, and still loves the FP Loving Family dollhouse we got her last Christmas. She plays with it daily, and for her 4th birthday, got a few more furniture pieces, including the camping tent and campfire, that she loves.

For her 4th birthday, she got and really likes:

Melissa & Doug alphabet stamp set
Melissa & Doug wooden bead stringing set
first roller skates
Cranium Playground and Candyland games
books
some more difficult 24 and higher piece puzzles

She loves playing with her babies and her play kitchen. She cooks for her babies, feeds them, takes them up to her room at night with her and puts them to bed in their cradle. She loves her doll highchair and pram, too. She'd probably love a carrier, now that I think about it....

I'll keep thinking.

misshollygolightly
11-17-2010, 06:24 PM
I vividly remember asking for and receiving roller skates (Fisher Price ones) and a Mickey Mouse watch for Christmas when I was 3 1/2. I loved both!

scrooks
11-17-2010, 06:26 PM
DD is almost 3.5. So far I have for her: a Tag with some books (she loves her tag jr.) , a couple of disney princess dolls (snagged over the summer thanks to a BBB post), a couple of books, a Melissa and Doug floor puzzle. I plan on getting her a dollhouse.

kochh2
11-17-2010, 07:33 PM
great ideas... Beth, SO funny, LKB is totally enamoured with her baby Calin doll, she has her on her hip from the moment she wakes up and brings her everywhere... i'm going to check out a carrier for her, is the ergo for a teeny baby like Calin??

:)H

Seitvonzu
11-17-2010, 08:50 PM
koch-- corolle sells a baby carrier that is sized for the calin dolls!

melrose7
11-17-2010, 11:04 PM
for Chirstmas this year DD will be 3.5, this is what she is getting from us or either given as suggestions
MD see and spell: http://www.amazon.com/Melissa-Doug-2940-See-Spell/dp/B0007Y4DLG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1290048641&sr=8-1
some MD 24/36 count puzzles
A dress for her and a matching one for her doll
Games: zingo, boggle jr, colorama, sequence jr
vtech personal digital picture frame: http://www.amazon.com/VTech-Preschool-Learning-KidiLook-Digital/dp/B0027CS7CW/ref=sr_1_4?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1290048791&sr=1-4
sing-a-ma-jig
color wonder, lap board, stow and go, books to color in
either a princess laptop or mobigo, can't decide
snap n style baby
trio blocks
leapfrog scribble and write
personalized name puzzle: http://www.amazon.com/Name-Puzzle/dp/B003YI7V84/ref=sr_1_5?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1290049151&sr=1-5
MD pattern blocks; http://www.amazon.com/Melissa-Doug-Pattern-Blocks-Boards/dp/B00006JZCG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1290049279&sr=8-1
i think that is all

ljackson
11-17-2010, 11:10 PM
Duplo gets more play than anything here.

swissair81
11-18-2010, 12:04 AM
dd2 is 3.5. she's getting:

m & d shopping cart ($35 on ebay)
a first act discovery guitar (don't ask)
magnatiles
somthing from my parents that hasn't been decided yet.