PDA

View Full Version : New Stroller Time- Need Advice

maybeebaby08
11-17-2010, 09:41 PM
DH said he'd be good with getting a new stroller now instead of waiting for DC #2 so here's my question:
Currently DD is 2.5 (we have a 2008 Micralite Fastfold) and we're going to TTC next spring, so DC's will be around 4 years apart. DD really likes riding in the stroller, we walk around town a lot (we live in New England and the roads are bumpy not suburban sidewalks), we also go to the mall a lot. I need a stroller that will basically live in the car, we live in a small apartment so room for storing a stroller or mutiple strollers is not an option. I need a stroller that wil also eventually convert to a double if DD is still a big stroller rider or for longer walks/outings. I had narrowed down the choice to a P&T's Explorer or Uppababy Vista. DH loves the Vista, I like the Vista too, but the wheels on the Explorer better. Which one would you recommend, and is there an option I'm missing? TIA

poohbear
11-17-2010, 09:57 PM
That's funny - I just wrote a post about P&T. I don't have much personal experience with Uppa but I know it's not necessarily a great car stroller.
Honestly, if you're going to be using it a lot in the car and could use something with AT capabilities for bumpy sidewalks, I would really consider the explorer. The P&T is a nice AT stroller with air tires and it's light for an AT at about 26 lbs. And it stores compactly (if it folds like the sport which I think it does). They have improved the issues of the sport with the explorer (brake and canopy). Plus the explorer is significantly less expensive than the Uppa...
I know we have quite a few uppa owners on the boards though, so they may have other thoughts (I think the Uppa is awesome too, I'm just going based on what you reported your needs are)

WatchingThemGrow
11-17-2010, 10:16 PM
What are you not liking about the Micralite and hoping to get in a new stroller?

maybeebaby08
11-18-2010, 09:08 AM
What are you not liking about the Micralite and hoping to get in a new stroller?
I like the Micralite, DH doesn't like it for some unknown reason and we happened to be at the stroller store and I was showing him the 2 I had narrowed it down to and he really liked the Vista. He said he ll like to get a new stroller now, the only thing I m looking for is the fun of a new stroller purchase.