PDA

View Full Version : Plum baby food

crl
11-17-2010, 10:59 PM
Dumb question, sorry. Does the baby suck the food straight from the pouch? Or are you supposed to put it on a spoon? Or?

http://www.plumorganics.com/for_baby.php

Thanks!
Catherine

tmahanes
11-17-2010, 11:08 PM
We just squeeze it onto the spoon because B likes to "help" if you get the food too close and I can only imagine the mess if he squeezed a full pouch!! I my best friend saw a 1 year old squeezing it into her mouth on her own in a store one day!

peanut520
11-17-2010, 11:09 PM
we taught dd to drink out of the pouches around 14 mo, but before that i would just squeeze in her mouth.

mrspeachykeen
11-17-2010, 11:21 PM
I bought the spoon by boon that you screw on. It is great for meals on the go. It works on any of these type of screw top baby food pods.

http://www.booninc.com/products/DispensingSpoon

At home though I put it in a bowl. We don't use these much at home unless we have left overs. I find the boon spoons to be a bit deep so while they are super convenient they aren't perfect.

crl
11-18-2010, 01:00 AM
Hmm, thanks! I wonder if dd, nearly 8 months old, could manage to eat straight from the pouch?

Catherine

LMPC
11-18-2010, 11:01 AM
DD could use a straw at 6 mos and at around 9 mos was sucking the life out of the pouch foods...it seems like a very similar motion.

peanut520
11-18-2010, 12:02 PM
Hmm, thanks! I wonder if dd, nearly 8 months old, could manage to eat straight from the pouch?

Catherine

i think it will depend on dd. is she a sqeezer? dd loved to squeeze everything in her hand including food so she was able to eat the food it just got messy. she started to give the pouches at the table or stroller when we could watch her so she didnt squeeze at around 12, but by 14 months we taught her to drink and not squeeze. we were confident enough to give her the pouch on the road in her rr carseat.

i say it give it a try!

added bonus for dd, the lid. she loved trying to putting it back on and taking it off. she would suck down the pouch in 30 seconds and play with the pouch for 30 minutes.

YouAreTheFocus
11-18-2010, 02:23 PM
Another vote for the Boon spoon! The pouches and spoon are GREAT for travel or just long days out of the house. We always have the diaper bag stocked with a couple. And people are always fascinated when we pull it out :) One time recently I was w/o a spoon and I managed to feed him two pouches, so it can be done. He didn't suck, he just opened his mouth and let me squirt a dollop on his tongue.

C&C's mom
11-18-2010, 03:21 PM
I have the boon spoon too and it's great! it is deep but works when your out. No bowl needed and no mess!

crl
11-18-2010, 09:01 PM
Very interesting. Thank you all! Getting ready for some travel so if I have time, I might have to try a couple of these for her.

Catherine