PDA

View Full Version : How is everyone washing their sweaters?

ett
11-17-2010, 11:17 PM
I notice that a lot of sweater's care instructions say hand wash only. So is everyone hand washing them or have your tried putting them on delicate in the wash?

nupe
11-18-2010, 12:42 AM
I have a hand wash cycle and a delicate cycle. I tend to go for the latter or they take forever to dry due to the slow spin cycle.

baymom
11-18-2010, 01:20 AM
I use the delicate cycle on my machine with cold water and then lay them flat (esp if wool) to dry. Sweaters that are less 'fragile' don't get any special treatment at all. ;)

boltfam
11-18-2010, 09:33 AM
I have a hand wash cycle and a delicate cycle. I tend to go for the latter or they take forever to dry due to the slow spin cycle.

I have delicate and hand wash cycle, too, but my hand wash cycle leaves the clothes drenched. I feel all the weight of the water is rougher on the clothes than the washer is in delicate cycle. Do they make sweater bags like lingerie bags to go in the washer?

ohsara430
11-18-2010, 12:56 PM
Sweaters that require special treatments get their own delicate load in the washer. Dry for a short time on low heat using the sweater rack we have for the dryer (so no tumbling). Then lay flat to air dry the rest of the way. Sweaters I don't really care about I just wash normally and I don't wash most of my sweaters every time I wear them since I always have a shirt on under them.

ett
11-18-2010, 01:51 PM
Thanks everyone. I don't wash my sweater after every wear either, but I do like to wash it before I wear it the first time. (Sort of got in the habit of doing this after doing it with DS's clothes.

kozachka
11-19-2010, 01:58 AM
I wash all my delicate items including items by hand. I want them to last.