PDA

View Full Version : Urgent--fridge bargain needed

11-18-2010, 04:12 PM
We are having 40+ people over for DS birthday party on Sunday. Our fridge/freezer combo died last night. Any suggestions on where to buy a fridge? Any deals? We're in a rental which came with appliances "as is" and most of the homes in our area sell with fridges so this isn't something that needs to last forever.

Thank you,

Christine

liz
11-18-2010, 05:14 PM
Sorry to hear you lost your fridge. This recently happened to us. I found that Lowe's had a good selection and of course there is always Sears. One benefit to Lowes - they have free delivery and removal - no need to fill out a rebate form (which Sears makes you do).

Do you have any scratch and dent appliance stores around near you?

Consumer Reports was very helpful regarding brands and models. hth

ETA: I was able to get a 10% discount at Lowes just by asking for it- the salesperson didn't even bat an eye and gave it to me.

Indianamom2
11-18-2010, 05:45 PM
Lowe's almost always has good deals and are good to work with, at least in my experience. We bought our fridge through them last year.

I know they are having a sale with 15-45% off through 11/22, IIR. (I'm looking for a dishwasher!)

liz
11-18-2010, 06:20 PM
Lowe's almost always has good deals and are good to work with, at least in my experience. We bought our fridge through them last year.

I know they are having a sale with 15-45% off through 11/22, IIR. (I'm looking for a dishwasher!)

Just wanted to add that we got a 10% discount in addition to the sale price. GL!

craftysierra
11-18-2010, 06:26 PM
I have bought quite a few apliances from lowes, they seem to have good prices and the last purchase was a refigerator for my inlaws and my husband took the receipt in a week or so ago to get a price adjustment and it was super easy.

Sierra