PDA

View Full Version : Any word yet on Series 3 Lego mini-figures?

Corie
11-18-2010, 05:18 PM
Just wondering if anyone has heard anything???

SweetTooth
11-18-2010, 05:30 PM
Corie! They have been seen this week in the Pacific NW, in WA & OR! I was able to get some!!

baileygirl
11-18-2010, 05:58 PM
What type of store did you find them at?

MolieMuts
11-18-2010, 09:53 PM
Corie! They have been seen this week in the Pacific NW, in WA & OR! I was able to get some!!

Was that at the Lego store?

Corie
11-18-2010, 10:16 PM

Seriously?!

Are there any distinguishing codes on the packages?

SweetTooth
11-18-2010, 10:28 PM
I got them at Fred Meyer. As far as I know, other stores (Target, Toys R Us) aren't selling them yet. Our Lego store is saying they've been told they won't be getting them until January. As far as I can tell, there are no distinguishing barcodes or any other marks on this series. They seem to be truly a "surprise". I haven't opened them yet but we'll see what variety I get!

Twoboos
11-18-2010, 10:45 PM

Seriously?!

Are there any distinguishing codes on the packages?

Can anyone else hear Corie planning a road trip right now?? :ROTFLMAO:

Corie
11-18-2010, 10:58 PM

You wanna come??? :)

christiedavid3
11-19-2010, 11:44 AM
I wanna come!!! :love-retry: I was just wondering when Series 3 was "really" going to be released.

alien_host
11-19-2010, 11:56 AM
I was going to post it...I just saw this about some raised bumps...we need a lesson in Braille! ;) ETA: I guess this is a good thing since I can't read those bar codes that well these days! I get cross-eyed!

http://www.brickset.com/news/article/?ID=993

There is some nut that bought 11 cases at Fred Meyer!

http://www.brickset.com/news/article/?ID=989

alien_host
11-19-2010, 12:05 PM
http://www.fbtb.net/2010/11/18/series-3-blind-pack-code-cracked/

now if I can only find them at the store!

SweetTooth
11-19-2010, 02:08 PM
Alien host, thanks for posting the info about the bumps and the cheat sheet! I took a look at the packages I have and some do have slight raised bumps that are distinguishable but some are really hard to see/feel. They are along the bottom edge which is where they are sealed and have a number printed as well. Though the barcodes were a pain to look at, they were easier and more definitive. Lego has definitely made it trickier to figure out!

SweetTooth
11-19-2010, 02:11 PM

Yes, come on over to the beautiful Pacific NW! I wonder how long it'll take for them to pop up everywhere else. Not long I'm sure...

Corie
11-19-2010, 02:46 PM
http://www.fbtb.net/2010/11/18/series-3-blind-pack-code-cracked/

now if I can only find them at the store!

That is the craziest thing!!! I'm going to enlist my kids to help me!

My DD was the Lego whisperer for the Series 2 set. She could pick up
the package and feel around and tell which one it was. She had random
people in the Lego store asking her for help.

Thanks so much for the cheat sheet!!!! :)

billysmommy
11-19-2010, 03:02 PM
Thank you for the cheat sheet!!!

I'm hoping there will be some out next Friday.

alien_host
11-19-2010, 03:44 PM
You are welcome! I was surprised to find something already, but I think it's going to be difficult. We'll have to start a BBB trading system :)

Thank you for the cheat sheet!!!

I'm hoping there will be some out next Friday.

Do you think the Lego store will have it? BTW, I heard that last year you got a 50% off scratch coupon at Lego on BF last year. Can I ask you if you were allowed to pick up more items after you found out? I'm not hopeful that I will get 50%, but even at 20% I could be swayed for a few extra things. I'm curious how it works!

billysmommy
11-19-2010, 03:55 PM
You are welcome! I was surprised to find something already, but I think it's going to be difficult. We'll have to start a BBB trading system :)

Do you think the Lego store will have it? BTW, I heard that last year you got a 50% off scratch coupon at Lego on BF last year. Can I ask you if you were allowed to pick up more items after you found out? I'm not hopeful that I will get 50%, but even at 20% I could be swayed for a few extra things. I'm curious how it works!

It all depends on how they're going to run it this year. When I asked in the store last week they weren't too sure yet. You get your scratch-off sticker when you walk in the store.
2 years ago you had to wait until you got to the register and the cashier would scratch it off for you. It was void if already scratched off and you couldn't go back to get more stuff. Last year you were able to scratch it off as soon as they handed it to you so you knew your discount. Everyone gets at least 10% off and then there are certain amounts of 20% and 50% off coupons per store. Last year they had some 30% off ones too.
We didn't buy a whole lot as I had the boys with me but I got the sets I went for and a couple more. I probably spent about $200. Everyone working there was very excited that I got one and one of the ladies asked me last week if I was going to try again for the 50%

Corie
11-19-2010, 04:41 PM
Can I ask you if you were allowed to pick up more items after you found out? I'm not hopeful that I will get 50%, but even at 20% I could be swayed for a few extra things. I'm curious how it works!

I talked to our Lego store manager a few days ago and he said that you cannot
scratch off your ticket before you get to the register. And, you cannot add
to your order if you get the 50%. (This is the manager at the Cincinnati, OH
store.)
I'll probably skip it. I don't really need anything.

alien_host
11-19-2010, 04:45 PM
Thanks for the info on the scratch off coupon. I think I'll stop by the store before Friday and see what the scoop is. I don't really "need" anything either but still want to check it out as last year we didn't start getting into/buying Lego until December.

I'd love to get one of the "big" sets (like the Green Grocer) for 50% off, or the Taj Mahal for DH. :)

ett
11-19-2010, 05:46 PM

Thanks for the cheat sheet! Reading the bar codes was difficult enough. I don't know if I can handle feeling small dots. I think I will have to resort to trading. :)

Corie
11-29-2010, 10:07 AM
Anyone else found them??

alien_host
11-29-2010, 12:30 PM
Anyone else found them??

I was wondering the same thing. There were none at my Lego store on BF. I didn't even ask since it was busy in there. I don't plan on checking TRU since I don't want to pay more than the $1.99 each!

OT but I only got 10% off from my stratch off coupon, but they said you could go back and get more stuff if you scratched off 50%. Just as well, I still bought a bunch at just 10%. ;)

I don't know if I really want these to come out before Christmas or not, as I'm not sure I can handle the running around right now!

nicknack
12-01-2010, 09:04 AM
Nothing here in MA yet. Called the Burlington Lego store and he claimed they weren't coming out until January but...running errands today, one of which is TRU, so I'll check but I'm doubtful.

alien_host
12-01-2010, 09:50 AM
Nothing here in MA yet. Called the Burlington Lego store and he claimed they weren't coming out until January but...running errands today, one of which is TRU, so I'll check but I'm doubtful.

I think Burlington MA is very "by the book". I called about Series 2 over the summer and they weren't putting them out until the official release date eventhough they had them in the back and other stores (Natick/Braintree) had already started selling them before the "official date". Unless the manager has changed, they seem to be sticklers over there.

KrisM
12-01-2010, 09:56 AM
My TRU (in MI) had a big bin of them on Monday afternoon. I didn't know about the cheat sheet, so I didn't buy any.

alien_host
12-01-2010, 10:26 AM
My TRU (in MI) had a big bin of them on Monday afternoon. I didn't know about the cheat sheet, so I didn't buy any.

Do you know what TRU is selling them for? It is B1G1 1/2 off on Lego and I wonder if these would qualify...not that my TRU ever seems to have them!

KrisM
12-01-2010, 12:12 PM
Do you know what TRU is selling them for? It is B1G1 1/2 off on Lego and I wonder if these would qualify...not that my TRU ever seems to have them!

I don't know, but am going today and will let you know later.

nicknack
12-01-2010, 01:23 PM
None at the Salem, NH TRU today. BOO.