PDA

View Full Version : Stopping escaping DC

bluestarfish18
11-18-2010, 05:29 PM
Don't know if this has been asked before. Sorry, if it has!

Both DC are become expert Houdini's at unbuckling the harness portion of their Evenflos. No matter how tight I make it, they still unclasp it. Any sugestions for keeping them safe and avoiding the unbuckling arguements?

bubbaray
11-18-2010, 05:35 PM
Do you mean the crotch buckle or the chest clip?

hillview
11-18-2010, 07:12 PM
I am guessing the chest clip. Some folks put a sock on it (cut out the toe) and it is hard for younger kids to undo. With DS1 I would pull the car over until he was ready to cooperate.

bluestarfish18
11-18-2010, 09:29 PM
Yep, the chest clip. I blame one of DD's dolls, the kind that teaches kids how to buckle/unbuckle. The sock idea is fantastic...I'll give that a shot tonight.

Joolsplus2
11-19-2010, 09:11 AM
And bring the doll in the car for her to fiddle with, maybe?

Sometimes we just have to stop the car. My dd wouldn't push her chest clip up once in the preschool (at age 2) parking lot, and we just sat there till she decided she wanted to go home and pushed it up. And then you can make clear rules about when it's ok to do the chest clip, that way it's not totally taboo, but they get to be part of it.
But the sock trick might work great, too, sometimes toddlers just can't be reasoned with, to put it mildly :ROTFLMAO:

bluestarfish18
11-19-2010, 12:24 PM
... sometimes toddlers just can't be reasoned with, to put it mildly :ROTFLMAO:

Have you been peeking in my windows?;)