PDA

View Full Version : Costco reward check question

maiaann
11-18-2010, 05:45 PM
This was our first year as Costco members so I'm new to this. In the mail yesterday, I received our "reward check" with the renewal notice. This might be a silly question, but what do I do with it? Do you take it to the service desk and redeem it for cash? Can you use it as payment at the check out counter? I guess I was expecting a normal check that you take to the bank. Thanks!

infomama
11-18-2010, 05:54 PM
It's just like a Costco cash so next time you shop hand it to the checker and they will deduct it from your total.

camomma
11-18-2010, 06:22 PM
Can we use it to pay for the next year subscription?

codex57
11-18-2010, 06:26 PM
Yes, yes, and yes.

Costco, being Costco, is really lenient about everything. They've gotten more strict about the return policies on certain items, but it's still way better than pretty much anyplace else.

For the rewards check, you can cash it out, use it to pay for your next shopping trip (including the next year subscription), pay part and cash out teh rest, etc. At worse, they may make you go to the CS desk but I've never had to.

The only time I go to the CS desk with the reward check is if I wanna cash out all of it and I don't think the registers have enough cash and I don't wanna wait for them to get the cash.

cleo27
11-18-2010, 10:30 PM
What is the Costco reward check? We are Costco members but have never received this. Is it something you get from having a Costco credit card?

Thanks!

DebbieJ
11-18-2010, 10:43 PM
What is the Costco reward check? We are Costco members but have never received this. Is it something you get from having a Costco credit card?

Thanks!

If you are an executive member, you earn 2% on your purchases. No need for a credit card.

connor_mommy
11-18-2010, 10:47 PM
You need to be an executive member to get the reward check. The membership is higher. It's 2% back on your Costco purchase. So, if you spend at least $5000 a year there, then your reward would cover your membership. If you also sign up for their Amex card, it's an additional 1% on your Costco purchase and where ever else you decide to use your card, 2% for travel and hotels stays and 3% on gas. You'll get a separate check for the Amex part.

shoxie
11-18-2010, 11:22 PM
When do you typically receive the reward check? We upgraded our basic membership to Executive and have already had to renew - I believe in June sometime - and we didn't receive a check...shouldn't we have gotten one around that time?