PDA

View Full Version : Which Nintendo DS do I buy

HIU8
11-18-2010, 08:39 PM
for DS? He is 6. He has been asking for one for 6 months so we figure we will get it this holiday season. Which one should we get? I know there are 3 versions.

wendmatt
11-18-2010, 09:52 PM
DD has the DSi and loves it. We debated which one to get last year and went with the dsi as it has fun features, camera and can get online. I have not regretted it and some of dds friends consequently upgraded as they liked hers much better (I know, spoiled or what!) I think the dsxl is too big and not purse friendly. Jmho, many people here have dslites and are perfectly happy. I do think the lite or dsi are your best bet though.

HIU8
11-18-2010, 09:55 PM
Is the only difference that the light has no camera and does not go online?

Can they all play the same games? I read somewhere (it may have been on another thread here) that the light can do games other than nintendo (can't remember which ones though).

MolieMuts
11-18-2010, 09:56 PM
DS1 is six and he has the DS lite. He loves it.

Tondi G
11-19-2010, 01:32 AM
Is the only difference that the light has no camera and does not go online?

Can they all play the same games? I read somewhere (it may have been on another thread here) that the light can do games other than nintendo (can't remember which ones though).

No the DSi can only play the Nintendo DS games. The DS Lite is able to play the gameboy advance games (the DSi cannot).

we have 2 DS Lites and my boys are very happy with them.

mom2binsd
11-19-2010, 02:03 AM
I read that the DS lite is being discontinued, so if you want one, pick it up if it's available.

The real appeal other than the lower price for the lite vs the DSi is like PP said the Gameboy Games, if your son doesn't know or play those games it may not be an issue.

I chose the DSi for DD as I like the camera feature and the internet feature.