PDA

View Full Version : $50 Nordstrom Rack Gift Card for $25

lisa928
11-19-2010, 07:28 AM
Groupon has a $50 Nordstrom Rack Gift Card for $25. Gift card can be redeemed only at Nordstrom Rack locations and are valid through December 31.

http://www.groupon.com/chicago/

http://www.groupon.com/cleveland

http://www.groupon.com/houston/

http://www.groupon.com/miami/

http://www.groupon.com/seattle/area/tacoma/

http://www.groupon.com/tampa-bay-area/

TwinFoxes
11-19-2010, 07:54 AM
Ugh, I'm tempted, but the Gap groupon turned out to be kind of a pain. For the longest time they didn't have any cute clothes for the girls, since I didn't want to dress them in black tiger stripes. Hmm, I could buy DH something for Christmas though.

ETA: Thanks OP, I bought one! ;)

peanut520
11-19-2010, 09:11 AM
they also have it for Philly too!:yay:

lchang25000
11-19-2010, 09:26 AM
I'm in for one as well! You can buy it fron any city's Groupon and use it at any Nordstrom Rack location!

wallawala
11-19-2010, 09:28 AM
I'm so on this!!

Must be alot of others too... the site keeps failing... haven't been able to complete purchase....

jvs195
11-19-2010, 09:52 AM
I finally got through. I am so excited for this one!!! And on my birthday!! YAY!

peanut520
11-19-2010, 10:41 AM
uugh... still cant get through!

jvs195
11-19-2010, 11:03 AM
I had to go to my groupon page and then check for other cities. Salt Lake City worked for me.

Babymakes3
11-19-2010, 11:09 AM
I bought 2 using my account and hubbys account early this morning!

I had $20 in there for referrals so one of them only cost me $5!

ETA - just saw on their FB page
Hang in there, everyone: big things are afoot at Groupon.com today and we apologize for the site being so slow. We're on it. You will be able to get the Rack Groupon through the weekend, we promise!

ohsara430
11-19-2010, 11:17 AM
Cincinnati was working faster than others.

nebwhit
11-19-2010, 11:19 AM
Finally got thru, well I"m waiting on it to process :D Thanks OP for the heads up. I just hope they have the inventory to meet the demand of all these sold Groupons that expire 12/31.

poohbear
11-19-2010, 11:37 AM
Finally got thru, well I"m waiting on it to process :D Thanks OP for the heads up. I just hope they have the inventory to meet the demand of all these sold Groupons that expire 12/31.

It's not actually a gift card - it's a printable coupon (at least that's what all the other groupons are), so inventory should not be a problem. Says there are 3 days to buy so I don't see it being an issue...

jvs195
11-19-2010, 11:37 AM
I bought 2 using my account and hubbys account early this morning!

I had $20 in there for referrals so one of them only cost me $5!

ETA - just saw on their FB page
Hang in there, everyone: big things are afoot at Groupon.com today and we apologize for the site being so slow. We're on it. You will be able to get the Rack Groupon through the weekend, we promise!

How'd you buy 2 on 1 account? It says limit 1 per person.

Babymakes3
11-19-2010, 11:44 AM
How'd you buy 2 on 1 account? It says limit 1 per person.

I bought 1 under my account and 1 under hubbys account. :)

MotownMom
11-19-2010, 12:10 PM
How long does it take to get the e-mail? I have not gotten mine yet (about an hour after buying it).

poohbear
11-19-2010, 12:13 PM
I bought 1 under my account and 1 under hubbys account. :)

Do you know if you can use them both together on the same transaction?
I still can't get past the first page without the site crashing!!!

jvs195
11-19-2010, 12:20 PM
They have a rebuilding message up now. Shades of the Gap crash. It will come back. It must, I just referred DH so I can get another one!

When the site is not this crazy you usually get it right away, but I remember the Gap one taking a few hours (they say within 24 hours you'll get it)

And 1 per transaction.

babybunny
11-19-2010, 12:52 PM
Tampa just worked for me. One transaction crashed halfway through in Cinncinati. Might end up with two. That happened with the Gap Groupon. It was strange.

jenrub
11-19-2010, 01:10 PM
Tampa just worked for me. One transaction crashed halfway through in Cinncinati. Might end up with two. That happened with the Gap Groupon. It was strange.

Got through Tampa also just now thanks to you! Thanks OP for the heads up!

nellonello
11-19-2010, 01:16 PM
Got two, one for me and then gifted one to my husband on the same account (different city).

lmr1101
11-19-2010, 01:29 PM
Just a heads up for those who haven't gotten through yet... buy it through MYpoints.com and you will get 200 points!
I just got my daily mypoints email and it listed the groupon.

Babymakes3
11-19-2010, 01:49 PM
Just a heads up for those who haven't gotten through yet... buy it through MYpoints.com and you will get 200 points!
I just got my daily mypoints email and it listed the groupon.

You just reminded me that I forgot to go thru ebates. I just get so excited over whatever groupon i'm buying that I forget! Bummer.

cicimomma
11-19-2010, 02:30 PM
Go through shopdiscover for 20% cashback (so $20 for $50 worth of nordstrom rack gc)

mjmamma
11-19-2010, 02:33 PM
The good news is that it looks like this deal is on all weekend. I picked a card and processed this in the morning but it seemed to crash then and since I've received no email and can't log onto my account, I have no idea if it went through, uggg!

NancyJ_redo
11-19-2010, 05:23 PM
Ugh, I'm tempted, but the Gap groupon turned out to be kind of a pain. For the longest time they didn't have any cute clothes for the girls, since I didn't want to dress them in black tiger stripes. Hmm, I could buy DH something for Christmas though.

ETA: Thanks OP, I bought one! ;)

I could have written your post bc the gap groupons have also been kind of a pain for me (haven't even used them yet and they expire today - that's tonight's project!), but like you I'm also going to cave and get the NR one as well ;)

Sweetum
11-19-2010, 06:00 PM
I hope everyone knows it expires end of this year. I just hope I'll still find the Born boots :p

ETA: just bought one - and forgot to do shopdiscover :( anyways, I got a confirmation number with a message that the groupon will arrive sat or sun since they are overwhelmed.

Mom Magic
11-19-2010, 07:18 PM
Just a note on the expiration date-- It actually says that although the expiration is 12/31, that is only for the "bonus" amount-- the $25 bonus you get by spending the $25 for the Groupon. The $25 Groupon charge has no expiration date. So, at worst case, you buy the $25 Groupon and it is worth $25 (not $50) after 12/31. Also, some states have laws that require Gift certificates to have longer periods before expiration, so in those states the full Groupon value will not expire. Here is the wording pasted from the Groupon site:

"Add-On Offer Value EXPIRES ON* December 31, 2010 ($25 customer Paid For value never expires)
For Nordstrom Rack Groupons purchased from the states of Kentucky, Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire and Connecticut, Add-On Offer value will not expire."

So, there in really no risk to buying the Groupon as you'll never lose your $25 cost. Also, don't forget Ebates for an extra 3% back!

Andie

ett
11-19-2010, 07:25 PM
"Add-On Offer Value EXPIRES ON* December 31, 2010 ($25 customer Paid For value never expires)
For Nordstrom Rack Groupons purchased from the states of Kentucky, Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire and Connecticut, Add-On Offer value will not expire."

So, there in really no risk to buying the Groupon as you'll never lose your $25 cost. Also, don't forget Ebates for an extra 3% back!

Andie

Oh, that's good to know. So if I'm in MA, does that mean the groupon I buy does not expire, even if it's the deal in another state?

Things are so hectic in the next month that I don't think I will even have any time to go there without kids, but if it didn't expire, then I would probably get one.

Mom Magic
11-19-2010, 08:23 PM
If I am reading it correctly, if you purchase the Groupon from MA, then it will not expire :)

Andie

jenrub
11-19-2010, 08:33 PM
You just reminded me that I forgot to go thru ebates. I just get so excited over whatever groupon i'm buying that I forget! Bummer.

Same here...Got too excited to get it asap before the system hangs on me.

sansdieu
11-20-2010, 06:07 PM
I bought one through NYC groupon and the other one through SF - in the same account (didn't need to refer DH or anybody else for the second groupon).

diamond
11-21-2010, 02:37 PM
If I have a groupon and so does my husband. can we combine both the groupons for one purchase like for a $120 coat can we use 2 groupons and pay $20 cash for the rest of the amount? ty