PDA

View Full Version : Nickelodeon Fit for Wii, and Sesame Street Wii game deals?

mygrassisblue
11-19-2010, 05:31 PM
I'd love to get one, maybe both of these games for Christmas. Are there any good deals coming up next week for these?

ETA: Now I'm reading reviews of the Sesame Street games, and maybe I don't want those! The reviews are not so hot.

emschwar
11-19-2010, 06:27 PM
We have the Elmo game, and DS likes it well enough. It's nice to have a wii game that he can play, since he's too young for most wii games available.

But both games just came out (the SS games in mid-october and the Nickelodeon one a couple weeks ago, if that) so I don't know that you'll find great deals on them.

artvandalay
11-19-2010, 06:51 PM
I looked at the reviews for the Sesame Street ones for Wii and they were pretty bad, so I"m passing.

I wish they'd come out with more educational Wii games for the younger crowd

katydid1971
11-19-2010, 09:59 PM
I looked at the reviews for the Sesame Street ones for Wii and they were pretty bad, so I"m passing.

I wish they'd come out with more educational Wii games for the younger crowd

:yeahthat:
emschwar do you like the SS one? I would love to get a game from DD (2.5) but the reviews are really bad, "Buy this if you love the sound of crying children!" was the title of one of the reviews. How was your experience, I know DD would love to have a wii game she could play. I would totally love to hear your feedback on it.

emschwar
11-19-2010, 10:58 PM
emschwar do you like the SS one? I would love to get a game from DD (2.5) but the reviews are really bad, "Buy this if you love the sound of crying children!" was the title of one of the reviews. How was your experience, I know DD would love to have a wii game she could play. I would totally love to hear your feedback on it.

He's only played it a few times, so bear that in mind. He's 3 years old, and very bright. (Knows all his letters, numbers, phonics and understands one to one correspondence.) The game is really perfect for him. It's got his favorite people (Elmo and Zoe) and very simple controls (shake the wii remote, for example, when it's the right letter) and material he understands. I don't know if it would be a match for every kid - I can see a lot of kids who learn phonics in pre-k, for example, would be far too bored with the controls and the characters when they're ready for the academics of the game. But for us, it's great. And he's SOOOOOO happy to have his own wii game, since his older brother has a slew of them.

sidmand
11-19-2010, 11:38 PM

Hijacking but I'm seriously thinking about getting the Ni Hao Kai Lan (http://www.amazon.com/Ni-Hao-Kai-Lan-Super-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B002F87WFG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1290224291&sr=8-1) one for my DD. The reviews were pretty good. She doesn't really know the character but I think she would like having a game just for her. She does really like Dora and I was also debating about a Dora or Diego one. I read the bad reviews on the SS street one and decided against it though.

emschwar
11-20-2010, 12:03 AM
We have the Diego safari game - it was my older DS's when he was 4-5. It's great, for that age group, but I'm not sure if it would appeal to younger kids. We didn't get the wii until he was almost 4, so it's hard for me to tell.

babyready
11-20-2010, 12:28 AM
Nikelodeon Fit is at Target for $40 with a $20 Target giftcard with purchase this week.

MommyofAmaya
11-20-2010, 10:13 PM
Nikelodeon Fit is at Target for $40 with a $20 Target giftcard with purchase this week.

This was a no go today. It was on sale but no gift card. Would have been a great deal.

babyready
11-21-2010, 05:07 PM
This was a no go today. It was on sale but no gift card. Would have been a great deal.

You tried on Saturday? That is strange because it was in last week's ad. Sorry it didn't work!

MacMacMoo
11-21-2010, 07:07 PM
Hijacking but I'm seriously thinking about getting the Ni Hao Kai Lan (http://www.amazon.com/Ni-Hao-Kai-Lan-Super-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B002F87WFG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1290224291&sr=8-1) one for my DD. The reviews were pretty good. She doesn't really know the character but I think she would like having a game just for her. She does really like Dora and I was also debating about a Dora or Diego one. I read the bad reviews on the SS street one and decided against it though.

We bought this for SqueekMoo right when it came out. He had little interest back them. But I've been playing it once a week with him for the past few weeks and he seems to be opening to it. I set it to 2 players and I give him one remote and I use the primary.

So far the first "levels" are within his "understanding". the first is the butterfly catching, and he probably catches 2 or 3 per game with my coaxing to swing.

the second is fanning and if he plays and attention he'll actually do some fanning.

The third is moving with ye ye and he gets really exciting over that one. he'll get up and move and mimic.

The fourth is bubble popping... requires some button mashing to be proficient so he isn't very good but enjoys it.

There are two more full areas with three-four games per. We don't play those often because they require way more coordination that what SqueekMoo has.