PDA

View Full Version : How do you feel when you wake up?

Twoboos
11-19-2010, 11:19 PM
I still feel tired. every. single. day. I remember one time I woke up feeling refreshed, and I was like, "WOW, this is amazing!" Honestly I think I had gone to bed at 8:30 and that is just not happening.

In fact, I know I should go to bed now, but I'm here instead. :nono: Cannot blame the kiddos, since they're 7 & 5 and sleeping through. But I don't think I ever recovered from The Early Sleepless Years.

WolfpackMom
11-19-2010, 11:20 PM
Tired. Very tired and unmotivated.

wellyes
11-19-2010, 11:23 PM
It's all about exercise. If I do serious yoga or lifting I feel FANTASTIC the next day.

Right now, with an ebf 4 month old going through a growth spurt and teething, I am so tired when I wake up that I shouldn't even drive.

twowhat?
11-19-2010, 11:38 PM
Like crap.

Melanie
11-20-2010, 12:13 AM
I still feel tired. every. single. day. I remember one time I woke up feeling refreshed, and I was like, "WOW, this is amazing!" Honestly I think I had gone to bed at 8:30 and that is just not happening.

In fact, I know I should go to bed now, but I'm here instead. :nono: Cannot blame the kiddos, since they're 7 & 5 and sleeping through. But I don't think I ever recovered from The Early Sleepless Years.

Same here, I just got into some really bad late-night habits! Before kids I always made sure I'd get 8 hours.

SnuggleBuggles
11-20-2010, 12:22 AM
Most days I feel pretty good because I get 7.5-8 hours of sleep, straight. I'd like to wake up about 30 minutes later so I groan when the alarm goes off. But, after I get out of bed I am ready for the day.

I was a zombie for much of ds2's first 17m because he was a wretched sleeper. He'd have 10 good days then 2-3 horrible days. Such was the cycle that whole year and a half. Even the "good" nights still had about 2 wake ups.

I like my sleep and will keep my fingers crossed that they continue sleeping well!

Beth

DietCokeLover
11-20-2010, 12:36 AM
Exhausted! I really haven't slept since DS was born 3 years ago! His first 11 months of life, he woke 8 to 12 times every night! Now, things are better than that, but DC are staying awake til close to 10 pm and waking before 6 am. I'd live to be in a position to wake before my kids and have dome alone time, but there is just no way with this current schedule.

YouAreTheFocus
11-20-2010, 02:30 AM
Totally exhausted. Every morning. How I long for a weekend of sleeping in.

Ok, this is depressing--mine is only 13 mos and it'll stay this way for 5-7 yrs?

Tondi G
11-20-2010, 02:42 AM

This is me... exactly. My kids are 5 and 9... I really have no excuses but I rarely feel rested/refreshed when I wake up in the morning.

kijip
11-30-2010, 04:17 AM
Generally great, unless insomnia hits. I work out first thing, very early in the morning. Love it and it totally helped me feel better at in the mornings.

HonoluluMom
11-30-2010, 04:30 AM
Tired. I'm lucky if I get 5-6 hours total sleep. It wouldn't be so bad if it was 5-6 hours straight, but it's interrupted sleep since DD still gets up 1-2 times a night to nurse.

dec756
11-30-2010, 07:48 AM
this morning i feel amazing. only because my son is still sleeping and i got to wake up when i wanted to wakeup :) Woohoo!

littlebird
11-30-2010, 11:14 PM
I feel tired every single day. It doesn't matter if I go to bed early and exercise regularly. I blame it on my hypothyroidism, which I am treating. I never used to feel this way. Really frustrating.

tiapam
12-01-2010, 12:27 AM
I feel tired every single day. It doesn't matter if I go to bed early and exercise regularly. I blame it on my hypothyroidism, which I am treating. I never used to feel this way. Really frustrating.

Just sending you a hug and want to let you know others here have BTDT. I recently had a thyroid med change and it took about a month for me to feel better. It's still not perfect and I don't know if it ever will be. Hope you get it in balance soon, or close enough.

I recently found a new to me thyroid website and found it helpful:

http://misslizzy.me/

In fact, I am going to go and post it in its own thread.

littlebird
12-02-2010, 12:48 AM
Just sending you a hug and want to let you know others here have BTDT. I recently had a thyroid med change and it took about a month for me to feel better. It's still not perfect and I don't know if it ever will be. Hope you get it in balance soon, or close enough.

I recently found a new to me thyroid website and found it helpful:

http://misslizzy.me/

In fact, I am going to go and post it in its own thread.

Thanks so much for your support and the website! I'm definitely interested in trying alternatives to my current meds. My endo, however, is not. I found a lead on an apparently amazing doctor who does not have a practice in my city but would be worth the drive a couple of times a year to have his help. I'm hoping to make the switch in the new year. I'm glad you're feeling better...helps me know there is hope!

BabbyO
12-28-2010, 01:33 PM
I used to feel horrible every morning. Now I still feel a bit tired some mornings, but I know that its because I haven't been working out.

However, DH and I invested in a Natural Dawn alarm clock and I will say that both of us have noticed that we feel MUCH more refreshed and relaxed in the morning. The jolt of a normal alarm put both of us in a terrible mood and left us feeling groggy. This alarm connects to lamp that gradually increases in brightness so you wake up slowly and more naturally, like you would if the sun were coming up. It made quite a difference for us as we go through months and months of dark mornings.

This is what we have...but I think we got it cheaper somewhere else.
http://www.amazon.com/Natural-Simulator-Alarm-Clock-Attachment/dp/B003UKDR2K

artvandalay
12-28-2010, 02:19 PM
Totally exhausted. Every morning. How I long for a weekend of sleeping in.

Ok, this is depressing--mine is only 13 mos and it'll stay this way for 5-7 yrs?

Nah, not with me. I got really good sleep until just recently when baby #3 came along. My 3 and 6 fall asleep at 8 and wake up at 7, and they never wake up during the night.

Now, enter baby #3 who wakes up 2 to 3 times a night.. and yeah, I wake up tired & crabby every morning until I get my first cup of coffee in. I am also EBF, so I think that makes me tired. I can fall asleep at 9pm no problem each night, but typically go to bed at 10.