PDA

View Full Version : Deal Help?: Amazon on Demand & Mister Rogers

cbscherer
11-20-2010, 02:32 PM
I am so excited. Many episodes previously unavailable episodes of Mister Rogers are now available on amazon on demand. My daughter LOVES Mr. Rogers. Unfortunately, stupid PBS took him off and replaced him with mindless, hyperactive drivel . . . . I know, I need to learn "what to do with the mad that I feel." ;-)

Anyway, there are seven seasons of episodes, but they run from 11 to 17 bucks a season. Anyone aware of any coupons to use with amazon video on demand. I've actually never bought from Amazon video on Demand, but now that I've found Mister Roger's I am having to get up to speed.

daisymommy
11-20-2010, 02:35 PM
Oh dear...should I even ask what Amazon on demand is? My wallet is afraid ;)

Reader
11-20-2010, 03:30 PM
I've been waiting years for these to be released! Thanks for the heads up!

cbscherer
11-20-2010, 03:36 PM
Oh dear...should I even ask what Amazon on demand is? My wallet is afraid ;)

Sorry, I'm not real tech savy, but here is what I di know. It's called amazon video on demand. It's kind of like an online video rental/buying service and works just like your netflix instant que (except you buy/rent individual items, rather than a monthly subscription). You buy or rent the "video" online and then are able to watch it instantly. Amazon has thousands of movies, tv shows, etc. available, all of which you can view on either your computer or with a device that streams the media to your regular tv. (We have an $80 Roku machine so that we can watch "internet" videos like netflix and amazon on demand on our ancient tv, but I've also heard that people can use their Wii to do the same thing.). Between Netflix and Amazon on demand, we rarely rent a dvd anymore.

Here is the link to the Mister Roger's stuff.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Damazontv&field-keywords=Mister+Rogers&x=16&y=16

viba424
11-20-2010, 05:58 PM
Sorry, I'm not real tech savy, but here is what I di know. It's called amazon video on demand. It's kind of like an online video rental/buying service and works just like your netflix instant que (except you buy/rent individual items, rather than a monthly subscription). You buy or rent the "video" online and then are able to watch it instantly. Amazon has thousands of movies, tv shows, etc. available, all of which you can view on either your computer or with a device that streams the media to your regular tv. (We have an $80 Roku machine so that we can watch "internet" videos like netflix and amazon on demand on our ancient tv, but I've also heard that people can use their Wii to do the same thing.). Between Netflix and Amazon on demand, we rarely rent a dvd anymore.

Here is the link to the Mister Roger's stuff.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Damazontv&field-keywords=Mister+Rogers&x=16&y=16

LOOOVE IT! Thanks for the link! We would have never seen it otherwise.

daisymommy
11-20-2010, 09:36 PM
:boogie: I'm liking that! Thanks for sharing.

cbscherer
11-21-2010, 06:25 PM
So glad other enjoy him too. I found it by complete accident myself! But it was really timely. My daugther's Betta fish just died, so I quickly ordered his episode called "Death of the Goldfish."