PDA

View Full Version : Why don't stroller companies...

liamsmom
11-20-2010, 05:44 PM
The BJCM color post got me thinking. Why don't stroller manufacturers sell separate fabrics for their strollers? I know Bugaboo does, but why don't more of them? I really think they'd make, not lose, more money that way. Think about it, what do lots of couples argue about strollers? The color. It would solve lots of the pink/purple debate that comes up. And most people don't buy more than one identical stroller in a different color. But I think lots of people might be willing to buy a second set of skins; it's kind of like using a liner.

And speaking of Baby Jogger? Haven't they heard of the Mountain Buggy Swift? Why don't they make a BJCM with 10" air tires? I'd buy that sight unseen.

salsah
11-20-2010, 06:56 PM
And speaking of Baby Jogger? Haven't they heard of the Mountain Buggy Swift? Why don't they make a BJCM with 10" air tires? I'd buy that sight unseen.

when i got my bjcmd, my first thought was "why don't they make air tires to fit bjcm that can be purchased as an additional accessory?" it is so easy to pop the wheels on and off that if they sold tires, i would buy them. that way i can keep just one stroller in the car plus the extra wheels. need a lightweight for everyday errands? got it! oh, we are going to stop by the park and i need my AT? got it! but i would want larger than 10" (since i also have the smaller, lighter wheels).

liamsmom
11-20-2010, 07:53 PM
when i got my bjcmd, my first thought was "why don't they make air tires to fit bjcm that can be purchased as an additional accessory?" it is so easy to pop the wheels on and off that if they sold tires, i would buy them. that way i can keep just one stroller in the car plus the extra wheels. need a lightweight for everyday errands? got it! oh, we are going to stop by the park and i need my AT? got it! but i would want larger than 10" (since i also have the smaller, lighter wheels).

Aw man, just reading this makes me want one! :D

kaharris83
11-20-2010, 08:06 PM
I thought the SAME thing when I got my BJCM!! Why can't I buy air tires for this thing...that'd be perfect!!

Smillow
11-20-2010, 08:14 PM
I'm very curious to know if the Mini wheels would fit on the Micro (same frame, I believe). It would be very cool if the Elite wheels would fit onto the Mini!

poohbear
11-21-2010, 09:25 AM
I thought the SAME thing when I got my BJCM!! Why can't I buy air tires for this thing...that'd be perfect!!

:yeahthat: Me too! I mean those wheels are soooo easy to pop on and off, why can't they just make little air tires for it. And if they were like swift tires they wouldn't even have to change anything about the frame...
Baby jogger, are you out there??????

FWIW -You can buy extra/new skins for the BJCM, they're just not cheap. I think they're like $100 for the skins and $30 for the canopy. On a $230 stroller, it's almost cost prohibitive. I wonder if that's why they don't advertise it. On a bugaboo, spending $100 for skins for a $700-900 stoller doesn't seem as big a deal...

WatchingThemGrow
11-21-2010, 09:29 AM
Our BJCMD skins ripped, so when they replaced them I picked a new color. New hoods were supposed to cost like $51, but I ordered a new basket for it too and got a (not typical) discount. I would totally get the air tires for it.

FWIW, I've never chosen another set of skins for our Cameleon. We're still loving the red/grayish black almost 5 years later.