PDA

View Full Version : Amazon question

roms
11-20-2010, 09:16 PM
I have to start by saying, sorry if this is a silly question. But how do you guys stay on top of amazon prices?? There are a few things on my shopping list but how do I know when the price drops without having to check on them all the time? Do they have some sort of email alert thing?
If it wasn't for all of you, I'd miss most of the deals!
Thanks for any help!

tambo
11-20-2010, 10:24 PM
Try www.camelcamelcamel.com. You can look up specific items, see price trends over the past year, and sign up for email alerts when the price drops below a price you set. HTH!

KrisM
11-20-2010, 10:27 PM
You can put 99 items in your cart. Put your watched items in and check your cart daily or whatever. If the price changes, it'll be at the top of your screen. Not ideal, but it works.

wellyes
11-20-2010, 10:39 PM
The answer, most of the time, is to take advantage of the collective power of the internet. I have a few items in my cart, you have a few in yours, take that times x10,000. We all let each other know when a price break happens, we're all better off.

Many of the really good deals you see posted here happen when someone sees it at another bargain site and continues to spread the word. Slickdeals is probably the biggest - and it will send you instant alerts based on any keyword you set.

roms
11-21-2010, 12:06 AM
Thanks for your help, really appreciate it! I signed up for Camelcamelcamel alerts and will just keep an eye on my cart.
Thanks again!