PDA

View Full Version : Closetmaid Cubeicals or Cubicals

TLC1994
11-21-2010, 12:32 AM
I'm interested in purchasing one of these to use as a small room divider in our dining room/living room, but I'm curious if both sides of the product are finished so that it does not have to be against a wall.

Here's a link to the Target website: http://tinyurl.com/2c36p49

I have a funny feeling that there is a definite "front" to this, but I hope I'm wrong!

Does anyone have one? I won't be able to get to Target for a couple of days to see for myself.

Thanks!!

american_mama
11-21-2010, 01:08 AM
I am pretty sure the back is un-finished. The IKEA Expedit units is definitely finished on both sides and comes in lots of sizes; if you are or will be by a Target, you might check that out.

squimp
11-21-2010, 01:27 AM
We have the 2x4 cube of that and the back is not finished - it's exposed particle board. The ikea divider is much more substantial and nicer.

TLC1994
11-21-2010, 09:11 AM
Thanks for the help.

I think the IKEA one is a little bit wider and I'm tight on space. But I'll re-measure.

Thanks again.

TLC1994
11-22-2010, 08:06 PM
Well, I made it out to Target today and the back of the Closetmaid Cubeicals is definitely unfinished, so that's out. I suppose if I really had my heart set on it, I could find some way of finishing the back, but the more I look at it, it's not as nice of a piece for where I want to put it.

The IKEA bookcase is nicer, but the 4 cube one is a bit too small and the next biggest is too big. Too bad.

Guess my search continues...