PDA

View Full Version : Does your child sleep random places?

dotgirl
11-21-2010, 02:32 AM
My DS seems to go through spates where he doesn't want to sleep in his bed. He'll sleep on his floor, or decide to sleep in the playroom on the couch, or the living room couch .. for days on end. And then, just as suddenly as it began, it's over, and he's fine with his bed again.

He can't be the only one, right?

ohiomom1121
11-21-2010, 08:44 AM
DS1 sleeps all over the place too...we have a locked gate so he can't go downstairs or we'd never find him. He is usually on the floor in our room but we've found him under a desk, in the hallway etc!

EllasMum
11-21-2010, 11:16 AM
My nephew, 3 years old, currently loves to sleep on the floor of his bedroom. This is specially irksome to SIL who just bought him a race-car bed thinking he would be thrilled! DN was thrilled - thrilled to jump on it, play with it, look at it. But then he sleeps on the floor. :ROTFLMAO:

bluestarfish18
11-21-2010, 12:33 PM
We put all of DC's stuffed animals on the floor of their closet. One night while checking in on them before going to bed, I couldn't find DS in his bed. After silently freaking out for a few seconds, I hear a little snoring coming from the closet. He had wedged himself under the animals and covered himself with a fake bearskin rug. :hysterical:

Other times DC with sleep in weird positions, like perpendicular to the wall, with legs up the wall. Or half a body off the bed.

Laurel
11-21-2010, 12:42 PM
My three year-old sleeps on the floor, no blankets allowed. Drives me nuts, but whatever works I guess...

Ceepa
11-21-2010, 01:25 PM
No, if they're not in bed they don't sleep. I always envied people who had kids who drifted to sleep in the stroller easily.

Jenn27
11-21-2010, 01:29 PM
Never! Unless she rolls out of bed into the floor and doesn't wake up :)

happymom
11-21-2010, 01:30 PM
No, if they're not in bed they don't sleep. I always envied people who had kids who drifted to sleep in the stroller easily.

:yeahthat: DD is only 2 so maybe this will change, but she will only sleep in her crib. Once in a blue moon, if she is really exhausted she'll fall asleep in her carset or stroller. But NEVER will she fall asleep in our bed, on the floor, the couch etc. It has to be her crib, with her special pillow, her blanket, her 2 dolls, and her yellow paci. LOL.