PDA

View Full Version : Larger diaper bag for travel

williams44
11-21-2010, 04:59 AM
We have a Skip Hop dash deluxe, which works fine when we're home and go out for short trips. But we found that when we travel, it's just not big enough, especially in cold climates, when we carry a blanket, sweater, etc. And now that DD is older (14 mos), we also carry around some food and snacks. She doesn't use bottles anymore, but we always bring a straw cup or sippy cup. Plus, there are her toys, diapers, wipes, extra clothes in case, her disposable bibs, ziplock bags, diaper bags, sunscreen, aquaphor (she has really dry skin), etc. The last time, we went on a trip, I lost my favorite scarf because our diaper bag was overflowing. :cry:

So, I'm in the market for something bigger. I want something non-girly, so that DH feels comfortable with it. He's totally fine with the Skip Hop dash. And I also want something that will easily stay put on the handles of our stroller.

Any suggestions? Of course, we're going out of town on Wed for 10 days, and I'm just now thinking about this. So please help!

TwoBees
11-21-2010, 03:06 PM
Generally I'm not a fan of Carter's diaper bags, but the newer ones I've seen in the store are actually pretty nice and HUGE. Here's one that might work for you:

http://www.diapers.com/product/productdetail.aspx?productid=27283

It's pretty gender-neutral. I haven't actually seen this one, but I have seen this in babies r us and I think they are the same bag, just different colors.

http://www.diapers.com/product/productdetail.aspx?productid=27281

Eddie Bauer also makes some larger bags, and all EB bags are gender-neutral.

http://www.diapers.com/product/subcategory.aspx?categoryid=50&categoryname=Moms+%26+Maternity&subcategoryid=202&subcategoryname=Diaper+Bags&queryfrom=subcategory&filtername=Brand&filtervalue=Eddie+Bauer&PageSize=2147483647

HTH!

hellokitty
11-21-2010, 03:26 PM
I don't know what the newer lands end do-it-all diaper bags are like now, but I have an older one and it is freakin' awesome for traveling. It's like mary poppin's bag, I swear I can keep putting more stuff into it. Maybe look into that or the ll bean diaper bag.

joules
11-21-2010, 10:23 PM
No suggestions for a large diaper bag. Well I love my Skip Hop Studio...but not sure if the shorter handles are good for cold climates where you have to wear thick layers.

As for the scarf, I usually tie/loop mine around the purse handles so I don't lose it.

joules
11-21-2010, 10:26 PM
No suggestions for a large diaper bag. Well I love my Skip Hop Studio...but not sure if the shorter handles are good for cold climates where you have to wear thick layers.

As for the scarf, I usually tie/loop mine around the purse handles so I don't lose it.

ang79
11-23-2010, 12:29 AM
I normally use my Lexie Barnes Duchess (backpack) or Darling (shoulder/messenger bag) when we travel to visit family on weekends. It holds all the normal stuff (2 sippes, snacks for 2 toddlers, change of clothes for two toddlers, dipes/wipes, my wallet/cell/keys/camera, as well as eating out materials (toddler silverware, disposable placemats, crayon roll, other restaurant toys), and books, etc. to entertain them at a restaurant or church. They are lightweight and hold quite a bit but don't look bad if lightly packed either. Hard to find brand new but you can sometimes find them on Ebay or on the Baby Bags yahoo group.

I also just got a Vera Bradley Pleated Tote which I am using for my winter bag, its large enough to hold hats and mittens and stack their coats on top if we go to story time or something. And I have a Vera Bradley Weekender which I use to pack their clothes, shoes, dipes, etc. for weekend travel.

I used to have a JuJuBe Packabe I used for all day outtings. Now if I want a backpack that holds more than my Duchess, I use a Dakine Eve. Not specifically a diaper bag but I love that it has two bottle pockets on the outside and a built in insulated cooler pocket for snacks!