PDA

View Full Version : Schleich barn / stable

lablover
11-21-2010, 08:16 PM
DD has several Schleich horses, which she loves. I was looking at the barn and stable on Amazon. Any comments on which would be better? (Of if there is something else that is better?)

http://www.amazon.com/Schleich-42028-Big-Red-Barn/dp/B0012BQ622/ref=wl_it_dp_o?ie=UTF8&coliid=I284TQZWWVI3Z9&colid=5WEKT2EK6F67

http://www.amazon.com/Schleich-40164-Horse-Stable/dp/B000HCR80Q/ref=wl_it_dp_o?ie=UTF8&coliid=IRSONQQN1TEK7&colid=5WEKT2EK6F67

I was also thinking of getting her a horse trailer. I see Schleich makes one, but some of the comments mention problems getting the Schleich horses to fit. Anyone have a recommendation for a trailer that works well with the Schleich horses?

KrisM
11-21-2010, 09:05 PM
I just bought the barn for DD. I asked here for horse ideas and this trailer (http://www.amazon.com/Bruder-Toys-Wrangler-Unlimited-Trailer/dp/B000816IUC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1290387476&sr=8-1)was recommended.

Kindra178
11-21-2010, 10:39 PM
I am not happy with the Schleich big red barn AT ALL. First of all, very hard to put together; I didn't think the instructions were good or helpful. Second, too many moveable parts. It's never assembled - the fences inside come off, the doors come off, the windows come off, the pulley comes off. Access is through the roof, not the doors, for the most part. I strongly recommend a barn (especially a really expensive one) with huge entry doors as opposed to an entry roof. Honestly, one of the worst child toys I ever purchased (and I researched it for days). This barn is really more for a 5 year old who likes to assemble things, not a 2-4 year old who likes to play barn. I think learning express makes an awesome wooden barn.

mnosky1
11-22-2010, 12:48 PM
We bought dd the Melissa and doug folding horse stable and she uses it for schleich horses (and other animals) up to bigger horses like bryer and barbie size. I debated on price forever but have been very happy with it. Her little sister (age 2) plays with it a lot also.

I can't link from my phone - but it's $66.xx and fs on amazon right now which is an awesome price!

KrisM
11-22-2010, 12:53 PM
I am not happy with the Schleich big red barn AT ALL. First of all, very hard to put together; I didn't think the instructions were good or helpful. Second, too many moveable parts. It's never assembled - the fences inside come off, the doors come off, the windows come off, the pulley comes off. Access is through the roof, not the doors, for the most part. I strongly recommend a barn (especially a really expensive one) with huge entry doors as opposed to an entry roof. Honestly, one of the worst child toys I ever purchased (and I researched it for days). This barn is really more for a 5 year old who likes to assemble things, not a 2-4 year old who likes to play barn. I think learning express makes an awesome wooden barn.

Wow, now I'm worried! The Amazon reviews on it are all so good. I haven't assembled ours yet. I hope it works well for DD.

infomama
11-22-2010, 03:28 PM
Wow, now I'm worried! The Amazon reviews on it are all so good. I haven't assembled ours yet. I hope it works well for DD.
Don't be worried. I assembled it in less than 5 minutes, no problems. Dds is 3 and she plays with it almost everyday. The pulley comes off now and them but it takes a second to pop back on. Dd2 takes her horses in through the side doors all the time. It's a really nice barn IMO.