PDA

View Full Version : Epic Mickey for Wii

momof2girls
11-21-2010, 09:05 PM
Does anyone have any idea for what age this game is appropriate? The commericials make it seem kind of dark, yet it is Mickey and I understand it has something to do with painting objects into the game and being able to erase them as well. I can't sem to find any age info on it though.

sariana
11-21-2010, 09:15 PM
The LA Times had an article about it in today's (Sunday, November 21) paper. I didn't read the article, but I saw a comment that the game definitely is geared toward teens and adults, not children.

You could try searching the LA Times web site to see if the article is posted there.

ETA: Here you go:

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/la-ca-epic-mickey-20101121,0,5127930.story

elliput
11-21-2010, 10:41 PM
It has been given an "E" (Everyone) rating. I'm going to guess it is along the lines of the Lego games.

Raidra
11-21-2010, 11:14 PM
There was an extensive preview for it when we went to see Harry Potter today. It definitely looks dark, and from the way the creators were talking, it seems like it's geared towards teens and adults.

My boys play all the Lego games and Epic Mickey seems more adult than those.

BillK
11-22-2010, 09:17 AM
from IGN.com... http://wii.ign.com/objects/786/786198.html

A heroic tale of redemption and discovery, Epic Mickey is an action-platforming game featuring the iconic Mickey Mouse in a fantastical adventure inspired by the cartoons of the 1930s and 1940s. Pulled into a warped Disney universe called the Cartoon Wasteland by an evil villain, Mickey finds himself in a world inhabited by the retired and forgotten cartoon characters and attractions from Disney's past. Mickey must use the very elements of himself and the world, paint and paint thinner, to explore the Cartoon Wasteland, find the source of evil that is destroying the land, and redeem his fellow cartoon characters including Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, Walt Disney's first cartoon star and Mickey's resentful half-brother. With visionary game designer Warren Spector behind the title, players choose their own path to defeat supreme evil, face the consequences of those decisions and ultimately free the Cartoon Wasteland.