PDA

View Full Version : Minimum age for FP Little People?

amldaley
11-21-2010, 09:29 PM
What age do little ones start really liking Fisher Price Little People? Especially thinking of the play sets like the house, the barn, the school, etc. I remember having the airplane when I was really little and loving them around age 4 or 5. Any chance 2 1/2 yo is a good age to start?

AshleyAnn
11-21-2010, 09:34 PM
DD got a house for her first birthday and plays with it a little. Not like barbies but she does enjoy the noises and carries her people everwhere. The boxes say 1 to 4 yrs. I think 2 and a half is probably perfect.

LMPC
11-21-2010, 09:36 PM
I agree...2.5 is a good age. I bought DD a bunch of stuff off ebay and Amazon when she was 12-18 mos. She got more into it the closer she got to 2. More interactive with it....telling the LP's to go potty :rotflmao: (Can you tell we've been PTing?!).

hillview
11-21-2010, 09:40 PM
Good age. 2-3 is perfect.
/hillary

WolfpackMom
11-21-2010, 10:20 PM
DS likes his LP farm he got as an early present from my aunt. He drops animals in the silo and fetches them out of the bottom and puts animals in and out of the hayloft. He's not playing like a toddler might with it, but he likes it and likes when we make the animals walk around and make noises, lol.

scrooks
11-21-2010, 10:32 PM
DD's collection started on her 1st bday and she still loves them. DS loves them too...especially the airplane and the minvan and he LOVES to chew on them :rotflmao:

AshleyAnn
11-21-2010, 10:38 PM
DD's collection started on her 1st bday and she still loves them. DS loves them too...especially the airplane and the minvan and he LOVES to chew on them :rotflmao:

DD too. She also crawls across the room with them hanging out of her mouth like a cat. :hysterical:

charmcitymom
11-21-2010, 10:53 PM
DS is 15 month old and Little People are his favorite toys. He has the farm, ramp garage, plane, bus, construction truck and boat and varied cars and people that I got in consignment sales. He plays with all of them. He doesn't pretend play but he handles them and puts them on the ramp, fills the silo, bus and plane. He loves it all. I'm teaching him animals with them. They are definitely his favorite toy right now.

katydid1971
11-21-2010, 11:25 PM
DD got the LP house last Christmas when she was 19 months. She loved it from the second she got it and still plays with it everyday. Its funny because I even catch DS (5.5) playing with it sometimes too. ;)

amldaley
11-21-2010, 11:37 PM
I agree...2.5 is a good age. I bought DD a bunch of stuff off ebay and Amazon when she was 12-18 mos. She got more into it the closer she got to 2. More interactive with it....telling the LP's to go potty :rotflmao: (Can you tell we've been PTing?!).

Yeah, DD is all about potty training her dolls and stuffed animals. She also likes to order my mother and I to use the potty. I can't wait to see how this plays out if the FP LP!

Ladybug47
11-21-2010, 11:39 PM
DS is 16.5 months and he's been playing with LP since he was about 12 months. He's more into them now and likes taking all the animals out of Noah's Ark and then putting them back in through the windows and doors, and he loves walking around with the airplane and pretending it's flying. Having them around earlier has helped a lot with him identifying his animals (Noah's Ark set), and by now he can pick out each type of animal when we ask him to "find the rhino" or whatever.

We just picked up the nativity set and airport set at Target tonight (on sale!) and plan to give them to him either as Christmas gifts or "you're a big brother now" gifts.

Seitvonzu
11-22-2010, 01:14 PM
my daughter liked little people from about 15 months on...that was the same time that we pulled out the developmental doll house i had for her and she played well with that too. the play gets more advanced as they get older, but i don't think 1.5 is too young at all, and if you wait too long you miss out on some play value.