PDA

View Full Version : anyone have these boots or J Crew shoes in general?

AnnieW625
11-22-2010, 01:25 PM
Anyone have these? I would have to get the extended calf ones.J Crew black boots (http://www.jcrew.com/womens_category/shoes/boots/PRDOVR~18119/18119.jsp).

I used to have 2 pairs of J Crew boots that I bought way back in 1999 for $30 a piece (yes they were on super clearance!) and I wore them almost non stop for seven years; they went with everything. I even had the soles replaced on one pair after four years of wear and wore them for another 2 or 3. So I was just on their site and saw these boots and with the 25% discount it brings the price to $186. So are the quality of J Crew shoes in general still good?

I haven't shopped at J Crew on a regular basis in a few years, not because my style has changed, but honestly because their prices are soo high now and I refuse to pay $35 for a tissue tee that I can get for $10 at Target (and will most likely fit the same and last the same amount of time).

LadyPeter
11-23-2010, 02:25 PM
I have them! They're nice, and the leather is sooo soft. Almost too soft, though, because they scuff easily. So you have to be careful with them. I haven't had any quality problems, but I find J Crew's shoe sizing inconsistent, so I'm leery of final sale items.

TwinFoxes
11-23-2010, 02:27 PM
I don't, but I'm loving that kitten heel!

DrSally
11-23-2010, 05:05 PM
I like them, the leather looks high quality and it's nice they have the extended calf. I've never bought shoes from them though.

sadie427
11-23-2010, 06:47 PM
Unfortunately I think the quality of their shoes has gone downhill, like the quality of everything else. I have some boots from about 5 years ago that have held up well, but then some shoes from more recently that the shoemaker didn't think were even worth fixing after a few months of use. The ones you posted are nice, but not unique enough that I'd chance forking out the money and having them still fall apart. For almost $200, I'd keep looking.

AnnieW625
11-23-2010, 07:01 PM
Unfortunately I think the quality of their shoes has gone downhill, like the quality of everything else. I have some boots from about 5 years ago that have held up well, but then some shoes from more recently that the shoemaker didn't think were even worth fixing after a few months of use. The ones you posted are nice, but not unique enough that I'd chance forking out the money and having them still fall apart. For almost $200, I'd keep looking.

Thanks for all of the input, but yeah that's what I am afraid of, inconsistent sizing and having them fall apart and having be told that they aren't worth fixing. I'll most likely keep looking through the holidays then, and after I don't find anything. I am very hard on my shoes too so soft leather and me aren't really the best match.

LadyPeter
11-23-2010, 10:35 PM
I've had excellent luck with Naturalizer wide calf boots. I'm hard on shoes, and that brand seems to hold up well. Here are a few cute ones:

http://www.naturalizer.com/Shopping/Results.aspx?N=4294961750+6207