PDA

View Full Version : My Dyson filter stinks, literally!

randomkid
11-22-2010, 03:46 PM
So, it says to wash it every six months. I tend to wash it more frequently than that, but maybe every other month. I washed it yesterday with water only and let it sit out to dry. Today, it smells soured and like mildew. This has never happened before and I'm not quite sure what to do to fix it. These things are supposed to last a "lifetime", whatever that means. Anyone else have this problem? What can I do to get rid of this smell?

niccig
11-22-2010, 03:50 PM
Mmm...can you put it in the sun...it sounds like the smell of a washcloth that has been left to dry but not fully in the sun.

JBaxter
11-22-2010, 03:53 PM
call them. I have found the CS great.

randomkid
11-22-2010, 03:53 PM
Mmm...can you put it in the sun...it sounds like the smell of a washcloth that has been left to dry but not fully in the sun.

Yep, that's what it smells like. It's been cloudy here for 2 days now. When I first washed it, it was sunny and I put it out in the sun to dry. It became cloudy shortly after that and was humid, so I brought it in the house and put it on top of the dryer since I've been doing laundry. Dried it out, but now it smells ick.

niccig
11-22-2010, 03:59 PM
wash it again and then it needs to dry quickly. So do it on a sunny day if you can.