PDA

View Full Version : Best time for (Baby) Gap purchases

janine
11-22-2010, 03:46 PM
Does anyone follow Gap sales enough to know when the best time for purchases? I feel like I'm chasing sales (30% and now 40%) so buying same items and then returning others - these are full priced fall items. Will they go lower as the holidays approach? I already got burned on Janie & Jack (bought during F&F only to watch them go lower before T'giving). I don't mind paying more for the convenience of size availability,etc. -- but just curious if anyone knows if they usually markdown even more sometime soon.

jenfromnj
11-22-2010, 06:32 PM
There are rumors that there will be an in-store promotion of 50% off everything for Black Friday, but I don't think that's "official". I think 40% is the highest blanket percentage-off promo that they've done, at least in a long while--especially online. That's not to say that other random items may not be priced better, but in terms of overall good deals, 40% is pretty good IMO.

sunnyside
11-22-2010, 08:38 PM
I like to buy when the lines first come out and I have access to the full selection. I aim for 30% off but love when I can get 40%. I buy from the sale rack too sometimes. I don't buy solely from the clearance rack because then I end up with a bunch of mismatched stuff that doesn't work and it ends up costing me even more. I try to be careful about it.

Also they do have 40% off coupons for Wednesdays sometimes (like the last several months) and in that case, I will pick something up sometimes that goes with what I have.

ohsara430
11-22-2010, 09:00 PM
Does anyone know if there are any of those 40% off full price item on Wednesday coupons are valid this Wed? I know I have one of those handouts from when I bought jeans about a month ago but don't want to spend forever searching for it only to find out the last one was good last week. Found a pair of tights for DD but don't want to order online since that's all I want.

sunnyside
11-22-2010, 09:20 PM
I think the Nov coupon book had one for this Wed. ;)

ohsara430
11-22-2010, 10:27 PM
I think the Nov coupon book had one for this Wed. ;)

Thanks, off to search for it!