PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have any experience with Complex Hyperplasia?

Fairy
11-22-2010, 10:09 PM
In the middle of everything else I have going on, I've learned that I have endometrial hyperplasia. It was simple hyperplasia after a biopsy earlier this year, but I had a follow-up biopsy last week (completely utterly painful, BTW, and that's saying something for the girl that survived a big-ass kidney stone), and the endometrial lining is now thicker and not righting itself. I do *not* have atypical cells. So, completely benign. But, I'm assured by my GYN, as well as the research I've done, that it does need to be treated. That treatment is basically the pill (progesterone only). I do not like hormonal treatments, I don't want to be on one, and it worries me a bit. But, I'll be doing it. Three months of low dose progesterone every day. Then I get to go thru yet a thrid biopsy, lucky lucky me. Anyway, wondering if anyone's been thru this and can share any good information or advice. Being overweight is a huge risk factor for cancer when you're diagnosed with complex hyperplasia. I've lost 29 lbs. to date in the last ~150 days. I'm going to make big efforts to continue to stay on that horse.

DrSally
11-22-2010, 10:12 PM
No BTDT, but I just wanted to say I hope everything goes smoothly and nothing is found on the 3rd biopsy. And, congratulations on the 29 lbs weight loss!!!

Fairy
11-23-2010, 01:08 AM
Thanks, Sally :-)

ShanaMama
11-23-2010, 01:15 AM
My mom actually just had something that sounds similar (well, at least the biopsies & treatment. I'll have to ask her if that's what it was called & for more info.
Kudos on the weight loss!

bubbaray
11-23-2010, 01:35 AM
I have no experience, Hil, but just wanted to send you some hugs. I'm so sorry. :hug:

ETA: and, yay you on the weightloss!

elektra
11-23-2010, 01:59 AM
Way to go on the weight loss! Wish I had some words of wisdom for the complex hyperplasia but I don't. Hope you can get some BTDT experience.

Fairy
11-23-2010, 02:08 AM
Thanks, guys. The pretzel m&m's aren't helping. I've done better than in these last two weeks. But overall, I'm on a good road,here, and am doing what I can to really stick to it.

I am trying not to freak out on the hyperplasia. I'm actually more concerned about the progesterone than I am about the condition. I just need to research it more, but I was really hoping to get some BTDT thoughts. I think I'm really just not processing it yet. It's like, oh ... ok, endometrial hyperplasia? It's on the list. Pay bills, on the list. Hanukkah party planning, on the list. Uterine crap, on the list. Put away Halloween decorations (yeah), on the list. Call Walgreens to get them to call GYN for my progesterone prescription, on the list. Upload Oliver photos, on the list. It's just lost in a sea of stuff I have to do. I think I'm purposely losing it in the sea.

MontrealMum
11-23-2010, 02:25 AM
I don't know anything about hyperplasia either, but I just wanted to send you some :hug: and say :yay: about the weight loss so far!

mommylamb
11-23-2010, 07:56 AM
I'm so sorry you're having do deal with this. No advice, but thinking of you.

ThreeofUs
11-23-2010, 08:06 AM
Oh, man, so sorry you're having to go through this but

WAY TO GO, HILS, on that phenomenal weight loss!!!

Hugs to you. LMK if you need anything.

Fairy
11-23-2010, 03:25 PM
Thanks muchly, All. Honestly, I'm ok; I just don't have time not to be. At this point it's more a warning than a condition, and I just need to take dare of it. Hard part for me is that I'm unschooled and needing the information, and I'm worried about the side effects of the progesterone. I'm not at anything radical at this point, that's hopefully what the progesterone is going to help me avoid. And continuing the weight-loss is key now. I'm not gonna lie, the weight loss has been a struggle, and it's been slow. Day 147 lf my diet, and only 29 lbs. I was hoping for 50 by now, but that's ok, a loss is a loss.

The research on hyperplasia all says the same stuff; I just want to find someone else who's BTDT.

Thanks for the supportive comments, guys.

DrSally
11-23-2010, 04:29 PM
I'm not sure how much progesterone you have to take, but I know that the Mirena and the minipill are basically all progesterone (prob at a lower dose). I think it varies from person to person on those forms of BC whether they have sx or not, but many do not. Do you know what your dosage will be?

Fairy
11-23-2010, 06:40 PM
I'm not sure how much progesterone you have to take, but I know that the Mirena and the minipill are basically all progesterone (prob at a lower dose). I think it varies from person to person on those forms of BC whether they have sx or not, but many do not. Do you know what your dosage will be?

I don't, actually. The Walgreens was a madhouse. I kid you not, I had to call three times to get thru. First time it was a busy signal! Literally a BUSY SIGNAL. Younguns don't even know what those are anymore. Second time I got thru but was on hold with the music for the max time and then went back to "Welcome to Walgreens!" Third time I got a person and had them call the GYN as instructed. so, I'm not even sure what the dosage is till I pick it up. What is "sx?" Estrogen? It's starting to hit me now that this is actually a problem. I guess it explans the "off" feeling in that general vicinity that I've had for a long time -- years? I jsut live with so many different pains in all kinds of places that I don't really pay attn to it, and so I don't identify it as a problem. Well, off to get the prescription.

DrSally
11-23-2010, 09:52 PM
I don't, actually. The Walgreens was a madhouse. I kid you not, I had to call three times to get thru. First time it was a busy signal! Literally a BUSY SIGNAL. Younguns don't even know what those are anymore. Second time I got thru but was on hold with the music for the max time and then went back to "Welcome to Walgreens!" Third time I got a person and had them call the GYN as instructed. so, I'm not even sure what the dosage is till I pick it up. What is "sx?" Estrogen? It's starting to hit me now that this is actually a problem. I guess it explans the "off" feeling in that general vicinity that I've had for a long time -- years? I jsut live with so many different pains in all kinds of places that I don't really pay attn to it, and so I don't identify it as a problem. Well, off to get the prescription.

Sx= symptoms

arivecchi
11-23-2010, 10:15 PM
No advice on the condition but congratulations on the incredible weight loss! Hope someone chimes in with useful information. :kisscheek: