PDA

View Full Version : Difference between Blu Ray and Regular

Cuckoomamma
11-22-2010, 11:08 PM
Title says it all :-) What's the difference? Are there different features?

BabyBearsMom
11-23-2010, 09:48 AM
Do you mean a blue ray player or the actual disks? A Blue Ray disk can hold more information on it than a normal DVD. This allows you to either have longer running time on one disk or have higher quality graphics on it. Blue Rays also usually have surround sound (assuming your system is compatable with surround sound, if not you won't hear a difference IMO). A Blue Ray disk can only be played in a Blue Ray player but a DVD can be played in a Blue Ray player or in a DVD player (i.e. Blue Ray players are backwards compatible). HTH

Cuckoomamma
11-23-2010, 07:01 PM
I meant when choosing what to purchase. I wanted to buy the girls the new Tinkerbell movie and was wondering why they had two versions. Our player can play Blu Ray but I was just wondering what the big deal was and what the difference between the versions is :bag

lhafer
11-23-2010, 08:59 PM
Absolutely get the Blu-Ray. The visuals from Blu-Ray are awesome!! MUCH better than a regular DVD. What kind of tv will you be watching it on? That can help decide it too. I mean if you have a tube tv, then watching a Blu-Ray won't matter much. If you have an HDTV, then it will look way better.

Cuckoomamma
11-24-2010, 10:09 AM
The tv is HD. Thanks for explaining. I thought that maybe there were extra games or features. It really is just about the quality of the picture, then. Thanks so much!