PDA

View Full Version : Toys for infants?

momm
11-23-2010, 11:55 AM
My two month old is having more and more "aware time" and I think he's getting a little bored. (It may be my imagination of course :) )

He has a playmat, a bouncy chair and a swing for entertainment, as well as a mobile on his crib.

Most of the time I try to entertain him by talking to him, jiggling things in front of him etc. but I feel he needs to be entertained by himself for at least short periods of time. I feel he gets bored of the same old playmat and same old animals on it!

When do I need to start getting him new toys? What kind of toys did you all get for your LOs and when?

BabyBearsMom
11-23-2010, 11:58 AM
At 2 months old, DD was just starting to observe the world around her. She liked to lay and look at things (her play mat, her mobile), but mostly she liked to just interact with people. She loved faces. I don't think she started to get interested in outside toys until she was closer to 3 months. At that point, she really liked plastic keys and other small rattles. She also liked Sofie the Giraffe around then.

Roni
11-23-2010, 12:11 PM
I totally know what you mean. My 2.5 mo has more awake time, & I feel like she's bored, too, if she doesn't have something to do or people interacting with her.

We have a Kick 'n' Play piano. That works for a while. She has an activity gym, but she's starting to lose interest. She lives looking in the mirror. She has some rattle socks that amuse her for a while.

We always joke that she's like a platypus--they don't do much (Phineas & Ferb reference), but she really wants to. There's just not that much that she can manipulate on her own yet. I can't wait until she can hold herself up enough to use the exersaucer.