PDA

View Full Version : Sensitive to the usual diaper after infection? Need to switch.

Dream
11-23-2010, 01:48 PM
DD's 2 yrs and have been on Pampers Baby Dry #5 during the day and on Huggies night diapers #5 at night. Couple of weeks back she had a yeast infection and was prescribed Nystatin cream. The infection has greatly reduced but not 100% gone. According to my mom DD cried alot yesterday saying its burning when she pee, was on Huggies at night and today morning I changed her into her regular Pampers diaper. Mom called just now said hte infection area is again red and she cries when pee. When her infection was flaring I noticed that Pampers diaper was making it worse and I had her in Huggies night diapers during the day too but didn't think so much of it today since the infection was almost gone.

But could it be that Pampers is aggrevating it? She's been on Pampers for almost a year now.

If I were to switch to Huggies for daytime, what would you recommend? And would #5 be ok? She's about 27lbs, petite.

We're trying our best to PT her, haven't been successful yet. I heard someone mention that there's a pull up that the picture vanishes if she pee on the diaper. Is there such a thing?

Thank you.

WolfpackMom
11-23-2010, 02:03 PM
This isnt diaper rash related, but is it burning WHEN she pees or burning to have the diaper wet against her skin? If its burning while shes peeing, she could have a bladder infection - just throwing that out there because the wording of burning when peeing makes me think internal, not external pain.

Dream
11-23-2010, 02:08 PM
I thought about that too but she only complains of burning after wearing the Pampers diapers. That was one time yesterday and once so far today. I figured if its a bladder issue she'll be complaining everytime she pees, right?

daisymommy
11-23-2010, 03:20 PM
Pampers are much more scented (added fragrance ingredient) than Huggies. So maybe her raw skin is hurting from the scent chemical?

I would try Huggies Naturals right now. They are unscented and hypoallergenic. Target, Walmart, and BRU carries them.

Dream
11-24-2010, 10:41 AM
Thank you, I will buy it today.

mikala
12-02-2010, 11:56 PM
Was it a new package of Pampers? If so, it may be a reaction to DryMax.

http://www.zrecommends.com/detail/a-warning-about-pampers-dry-max-diapers/

We mostly use cloth but use 7th Generation, Target brand or Huggies when we use disposables.

Dream
12-03-2010, 12:01 PM
Its Pampers Baby Dry and its from the same box. While the problem was on going Pamper would just make it worse, She's better since then and I started her back on the Pampers and no problems.

But I get the impression that Huggies is a better choice than Pampers, once I finish the last box of pamper I have I'll switch to Huggies. I desparately trying to PT her. But she hates it so much. The ped we saw last time said its high time we PT her.

daisymommy
12-05-2010, 12:26 AM
Ummm, she just turned 2 in September right? I think she *may* be old enough to PT, but "high time" ? I think that's stretching it. A few experts such as T. Brazelton M.D. a famous Pediatrician and author doesn't recommend even starting until 27 months (as in minimum age--not "well it's about time!" age).

Dream
12-05-2010, 01:20 AM
Ummm, she just turned 2 in September right? I think she *may* be old enough to PT, but "high time" ? I think that's stretching it. A few experts such as T. Brazelton M.D. a famous Pediatrician and author doesn't recommen

d even starting until 27 months (as in minimum age--not "well it's about time!" age).

I've been trying to PT her since she's around 18 months. But she hates diaper changes and throws a fit and cries like we're hurting her. We can tell when she's preparing to poop so we try to get her to sit in her potty, but then she started holding it in, so we had to take a break from PT. Even now its the same, when we start PT, she starts holding it in.

the2bobs
12-06-2010, 06:00 PM
Wow, DS1 is almost a year older than her & isn't potty trained. I know girls train earlier/faster, but that's pushing it. Don't force it. I don't know any girls as young as yours that are potty trained & they have older siblings to learn from. I just read that the ideal age for boys was 37 mos (and guess who is 37 mos today..ugghhh) and I think girls is around 34 mos?