PDA

View Full Version : SUPPORTIVE shelf- bra tank?

alexsmommy
11-23-2010, 09:29 PM
I'm looking towards my final weaning in a few months. I've been wearing my Liz Lange nursing tanks to bed for four years (um and no, I was not nursing that entire time). I need all new sleepwear and I love wearing a tank under my button up pjs, so that I can adjust my layers according to how cold I am. On really frigid days (like 10 below windchill or colder) our furnace cannot win over our 100 year old homes single pane windows. I am well endowed and nursing three boys + gravity, well lets just say NOT KIND. Any resonably priced shelf-bra tanks out there that acutally offer something resembling support?

weech
11-24-2010, 09:12 AM
I'd love to know this too. I wear nursing tanks under my PJs (and I'm not nursing anymore :bag). The best I've found were Liz Lange, but they're still pretty terrible for the well endowed...

DrSally
11-24-2010, 09:55 AM
Isn't that an oxymoron (supportive shelf bra tank)? No, seriously, I could never pull them off.

weech
11-24-2010, 10:18 AM
Isn't that an oxymoron (supportive shelf bra tank)? No, seriously, I could never pull them off.

Yes! :) But I have to sleep in *something*...

DrSally
11-24-2010, 10:45 AM
Yes! :) But I have to sleep in *something*...

I usually slept in a sleep bra (not great, and not great for keeping pads in) or just my regular nowire nursing bra (Target has great unstructured/soft cup nursing bras that might work ok for sleeping in for you.

m4nash
11-24-2010, 10:57 AM
I really love the bravado nursing tanks.

jvs195
11-24-2010, 12:57 PM
I always sleep in a shelf bra cami under my pjs. I have a LE one that's pretty decent supportively because the cotton is thick and double layer basically on the shelf bra:
http://www.landsend.com/pp/StretchCamisole~140301_59.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::TVY&CM_MERCH=search-_-camisole&origin=search

I got one at Sears too that isn't too bad, just really short in the torso.

alexsmommy
11-24-2010, 06:40 PM

Well yes, but these are just to sleep in. There is NO WAY I could wear one as a top the way I see B cup and under women do. I love that look, but it would never work on me. I just want to be able to go up and down the stairs in my pj's in relative comfort IYKWIM. I will try the pp's suggestion. I like the nursing tanks because they aren't spaghetti straps and the straps adjust, but they have had their day and since I am finished having kids, I'd like to move away from nursing tanks.

twowhat?
11-24-2010, 11:27 PM
I wish Bravado made non-nursing versions of their nursing tanks to sleep in. I'd totally buy them. I'm also still wearing nursing tanks to sleep in even though I've been done nursing for 8 months!