PDA

View Full Version : Mastercard Marketplace - Reward Program and Daily Overwhelming Offers

Melbel
11-24-2010, 12:14 PM
http://marketplace.mastercard.com/home/index/uSource/HIMG

I am still figuring out the program, but thus far scored 50% off at Ann Taylor (must use by 11/27 but this will cover Black Friday sales) and 40% off at Gap.

There are Overwhelming Offers (OOs) daily, including 50% off iPads in the past (on my wishlist big time) but it is one of those race to the finish situations, with more frequent users getting priority.

There is a sign up bonus.

As a bargain shopper that is still seriously missing the days of huge bing cashback, I cannot help but to wonder if this is the next great thing.

Anyone else out there use this program?

nellonello
11-24-2010, 12:15 PM
I got a $100 for $50 Petco but found out that you can not apply any coupon codes (including free shipping) so I don't think I will be using it. They seem to have some good stuff.

mrspeachykeen
11-24-2010, 12:56 PM
Looks similar to the program American Express has had for years.

babybunny
11-24-2010, 01:30 PM
Does anyone know what today's deal is?

Melbel
11-24-2010, 01:39 PM
Does anyone know what today's deal is?

70% off Toys R Us! $100 for only $30! Starts at 1 PM.

babybunny
11-24-2010, 02:03 PM
Are we on the same site? I was offered an Ann Taylor deal.

cucaw30
11-24-2010, 02:07 PM
Are we on the same site? I was offered an Ann Taylor deal.

Same here. Has anyone ever used this before?

westgre
11-24-2010, 02:08 PM
Sold out in 11 seconds!

Melbel
11-24-2010, 02:17 PM
TRU actually started at 1:05. I clicked right away, but still missed out. I do not think I typed the random letters quickly enough while holding DD2. The TRU deal showed up as part of an email alert, so you may want to sign up.

I noticed that drugstore is 20x points (equivalent of 20% cb) earlier today, but is now at 5x.

There is definitely a bit of a learning curve to the site, but there are deals to be had.

wzly
11-24-2010, 03:17 PM
Borders Rewards does the same overwhelming offer with their site...Their Ipad deal was yesterday...Get $250 off of a $499 or more Ipad purchase...It sold out in 6 seconds...

It is by FAR, the WORST RUN THING, I have EVER seen...I wouldn't recommend it at all...The customer service is awful...I really think that they are in over their heads running it...It is simply a mess...

I did get $10 off a Starbucks $25 gift card "deal"... But the stress isn't worth it...

:) Jen

babybunny
11-25-2010, 10:28 PM
I won the Ann Taylor one, but I wonder if I can use it on site at Ann Taylor Loft? Would it be considered the same check out? Can I actually put in the 40% off code as well? I thought I was getting an email explaining the deal, but that never came through.

Melbel
11-25-2010, 11:01 PM
I won the Ann Taylor one, but I wonder if I can use it on site at Ann Taylor Loft? Would it be considered the same check out? Can I actually put in the 40% off code as well? I thought I was getting an email explaining the deal, but that never came through.

The fine print for the deal said you could not use coupons. I was hoping that AT would have a straight up sale rather than needing a code. Still, 50% off is better than 40% off.

Melbel
11-25-2010, 11:05 PM
Borders Rewards does the same overwhelming offer with their site...Their Ipad deal was yesterday...Get $250 off of a $499 or more Ipad purchase...It sold out in 6 seconds...

It is by FAR, the WORST RUN THING, I have EVER seen...I wouldn't recommend it at all...The customer service is awful...I really think that they are in over their heads running it...It is simply a mess...

I did get $10 off a Starbucks $25 gift card "deal"... But the stress isn't worth it...

I am also signed up for the Borders program. I did not realize it was a separate program at first, because it all looks identical. The corporate perks program also appears to be the same thing but with different offers. Unfortunately, I have missed out on iPad deals.

poohbear
11-26-2010, 12:16 AM

:yeahthat:
I have been doing this for over a year (not religiously - I work, so I can't be available at 12;00 when the offers go live and book them in 13 seconds or less) and have yet to 'score' any 'offers' - i have just given up at this point. But I still get all the emails taunting me - I tried to "unsubscribe" to no avail....

wzly
11-26-2010, 12:25 AM
I'm with you on that one! Too much stress...

I was so excited when I saw the IPad deal...They changed the time a few hours before it was set to happen...It sold out in 6 seconds anyway...I thought I had it...typed in the confirmation code and poof...gonzo...

I had a question last week...Was on hold w/ Borders for 27 minutes! Then they gave me another number to call...It's a direct voicemail. "Someone will contact you in 2 business days." Well, that never happened...

It's really sad. I like the Borders bookstore we have and had high hopes for this...

It's just a mess...

And those "deals" that you do get...They aren't valid if you use any kind of other code or visit the site through any other link (I get that one)...Some sites give you a code for free shipping over a certain total...So you can't use it? Not sure...I don't think they know either...

Oh well...12 OOs coming up tomorrow...including $75 off $150 at TRU......

poohbear
11-26-2010, 07:56 AM
I am also signed up for the Borders program. I did not realize it was a separate program at first, because it all looks identical. The corporate perks program also appears to be the same thing but with different offers. Unfortunately, I have missed out on iPad deals.

I'm pretty sure that they are all the same program - just running under different titles (at least most of them). That's part of the problem. Dell has one, mastercard has it, borders now has it (I know the dell and mastercard ones are the same, because I get the same overwhelming offers emails from both of them EVERY DAY... which is why I didn't even bother when Borders sent it to me).

babybunny
11-26-2010, 10:04 AM
Well if the Ann Taylor Deal does not allow coupons, I probably would be better off going with no deal, getting the 40 % off and free shippiing with the code.
Especially if I am going over $100 worth of items. And that is not hard to do there.

*** If I go through the program and pay now for $100 worth of merchandise and pay for shipping, the program will give me $50 back on the statement in two weeks time (no coupon allowed). And if I return anything, then I would forfiet the $50 credit....

***If I went through 40% off now with free shipping, I could potentially save more and get free shipping and save my discount any items I don't return...if I have to make a return.... Not sure I am seeing a deal here. Am I missing something?

Melbel
11-26-2010, 10:31 AM
Well if the Ann Taylor Deal does not allow coupons, I probably would be better off going with no deal, getting the 40 % off and free shippiing with the code.
Especially if I am going over $100 worth of items. And that is not hard to do there.

*** If I go through the program and pay now for $100 worth of merchandise and pay for shipping, the program will give me $50 back on the statement in two weeks time (no coupon allowed). And if I return anything, then I would forfiet the $50 credit....

***If I went through 40% off now with free shipping, I could potentially save more and get free shipping and save my discount any items I don't return...if I have to make a return.... Not sure I am seeing a deal here. Am I missing something?

2 thoughts

First, is their a penalty for skipping a reservation? I thought I may have seen a $10 penalty, but cannot find the details now.

Second, when the 40% off everything sale ends at noon, I was hoping for some straight price cuts.

wzly
11-26-2010, 10:35 AM
yes...I thought there was a $10 penalty for skipping a reservation, too...

And the Starbucks "deal" I got: $10 off a $25 gift card...I actually had to buy it twice because it didn't go through the first time (or it was just slow to post...I couldn't tell...But the deadline was approaching...) So I bought one at $25 and got one at the discount...Extra stuff in the end...I'll use them, but felt like my hands were tied from a win...

Too much stress...
:( Jen

Melbel
11-26-2010, 10:39 AM
It is probably not worth the effort. That is not stopping me from trying $25 off $50 at TRU though coming up soon! ;)

mariza
11-28-2010, 01:23 PM
I won the $75 off a $150 purchase and am about to check out but am wondering if I log into my shop-runner account for free shipping will that cancel the "deal"? It's not a coupon code I just had to log in and the TRU site prompted me to do so. I'd hate to go through all this and have it be a bust.