PDA

View Full Version : Ugh! Diaper blowouts...Help!

Kaylee31
11-24-2010, 12:42 PM
Poor DS was sick with a stomach bug and had diarrhea over the weekend. Now he's back to normal-- except he has a massive poop every morning that leaks out of his diaper. It comes out by his legs, not up the back. He's in size 4 Huggies Little Movers and we've never had any problems with leaks until now. I've had to hose him down and scrub his clothes & sheets/changing table the past couple of mornings. Is there a diaper that will hold this in? Should I go up a size at night?

okinawama
11-24-2010, 02:40 PM
Maybe giving him a probiotic will help with the explosive poops. We give them regularly now, but a while back he had a stomach issue and giving probiotics daily helped tons.

I can't help with the diaper issue though. We use cloth, and have never had a blow out.

mikala
12-03-2010, 12:06 AM
Maybe giving him a probiotic will help with the explosive poops. We give them regularly now, but a while back he had a stomach issue and giving probiotics daily helped tons.

I can't help with the diaper issue though. We use cloth, and have never had a blow out.

:yeahthat: Probiotics were a lifesaver for us after DS had Norovirus.

While the virus was going on I put a cloth diaper cover over a disposable diaper to try to contain it because either option alone just wasn't cutting it.