PDA

View Full Version : Last minute family chanukkah party - need gift ideas

mikeys_mom
11-24-2010, 01:32 PM
DH's family makes me crazy sometimes with flip-flopping back and forth on stuff... First no party because BIL and MIL are going out of town, then its on, then off, now it's on again. Now I've got to trek out to find gifts for all the cousins. Not exactly my idea of fun. And not exactly something I have tons of time for.

Any suggestions are much appreciated. I want to keep each gift under $20.

BIL's kids;

11yo boy - I know his parents bought him an iPod touch for his bday so I was thinking itunes GC?

10yo boy - I really have no clue what to get him.

7.5yo girl - She likes reading and writing. Some sort of craft set maybe, but I feel like I always get her that type of stuff...

5yo girl - I could probably get her a Barbie or some sort of princess toy. Maybe a game? Anything new and exciting out there? I'm not too worried about this one but I'd prefer to have something in mind when I go shopping.

They have a Wii, so maybe one game for the girls to share and one for the boys?
The older 3 kids all have DS's, so I could get some of them new games. There seem to be some here (I'm in Canada) that are selling for $20ish, others are $30ish. Are the lower priced ones typically good or do kids prefer the higher priced ones?

DH's cousin's family - this is the hard part

14yo girl - Maybe itunes also? I don't know if she has an ipod. Do
I assume she does? We aren't super close with them so I can't really call her mom to ask. We see them a few times a year. All I know is that she texts a ton, posts stuff on FB all the time that make no sense to us (DH is FB friends with her) and plays hockey. She is not into "girly" stuff at all and is very bright.

10yo girl - Very into sports - hockey and soccer. Also, not the "girly" type. I have no ideas...

6yo boy - At least this one is easy for me :). I can always do Lego, although I am sure we did that for him last year, I don't really care. I know DS would be thrilled to get more so I figure most 6yo boys would like that as well.

Thanks!