PDA

View Full Version : Feedback about e.l.f. makeup from Target?

Ladybug47
11-24-2010, 07:58 PM
Does anyone have any feedback about the e.l.f. line of makeup from Target? Most items are just $1, which seems like a great deal for eyeshadow colors and all that. Are the products decent, quality-wise, or not worth it? Thanks in advance!

daisymommy
11-24-2010, 10:51 PM
I have never tried them, as my Target just got them a week ago. But I am SUPER excited! as all the magazines are always referring to them & reviewing them for great little products and colors for a low price. I am always jealous because I could never find them in a store...until now! Yipee! I know the lip colors always get rave reviews from beauty magazines.

wellyes
11-24-2010, 11:16 PM
I've heard good things about the lip and eye stuff as well as the brushes.
Check out reviews at http://www.makeupalley.com/.

DrSally
11-24-2010, 11:26 PM
Cosmeticscop.com gives good review on the lipglosses and brushes.

viba424
11-24-2010, 11:52 PM
ELF makeup is made in China if thats an issue for you.

AshleyAnn
11-25-2010, 12:16 AM
I use the eye makeup and lipstick and like it. The eye shadow is a little loose so it takes practice not to let it fall all over your check bones but its not bad. Its not super high quality but for a dollar its pretty good. I like to play with makeup and only wear it a few days a week so for me its perfect. I also use the brushes and LOVE them.

MmeSunny
11-25-2010, 12:23 AM
I also saw a lot of references to elf in fashion mags and picked up a 100 color palette at Target. I love the stuff. The deeper colors don't hold true like a MAC does, but better than Cover Girl/Maybelline eye color. Also, they do not blend as nicely as MAC, but when I use a primer and then a nude base color, I can get a pretty nice blend. It's great for special occasion colors that you know you won't get a lot of use out of.

I would put the quality at about a Revlon-type. Not bottom of the barrel drug store brand--but a nicer drug store brand type thing. I really like them. It's fun to experiment. That said, not a fan of their false lashes. TERRIBLE!

scrooks
11-25-2010, 06:57 PM
My nieces are big fans...I got them some e.l.f stuff last year for xmas...