PDA

View Full Version : Quick - Advice needed

lhafer
11-24-2010, 08:34 PM
So my DH threw his back out this morning. Got a shot and is on meds but can't lift anything.

We are leaving for Disney on friday morning. I was planning on taking my BJCC single and my Volo. But since he can't help me carry anything that's out. I am not sure he could push a stroller around the park. So I am scrambling to find a double.

I have a 4 year old and a 9 month old. I need a stroller that can recline fully for the baby.

So would you:

1. Rent a BJCMD for ~$118 from a company that I have not heard of before and can't find reviews on (but the lady from Magic Strollers.com said they were reputible - and that's their compition)

2. Try to find a decent double for ~$100-150 online like Amazon or Diapers.com and get it shipped to the resort? If you went this route, what stroller would you suggest?

3. Try to find something like a Maclaren twin on CL and try to pick it up tomorrow.

We will be relying on Disney tranportation, so fold is somewhat important.

jacksmoma
11-24-2010, 09:32 PM
just rent a double if you never use one/want to own one. it's a great disney stroller.

Multimama
11-24-2010, 10:14 PM
You could buy a BJCMD for $444 on Diapers.com and if you don't want to keep it when you get back I imagine you could sell it for $320 and only be out what you would have spent on renting it, unless you have a really bad CL.

But I agree with Jacksmoma, if you really think you have no use for a double at home then renting is probably the way to go. I heard those Maclaren Twins are a beast to steer.

cpster
11-26-2010, 06:19 PM
The folks over on disboards.com have had positive experiences with http://store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/clink?yhst-44332661032872+Bxbq4b+index.html+ too. Sorry to hear about your hubby...hope he is able to enjoy the trip too.