PDA

View Full Version : Play mat/gym for twins?

JoyNChrist
11-27-2010, 05:14 PM
Is there a playmat or gym big enough to accommodate two infants, or would I be better off buying two?

scriptkitten
11-27-2010, 05:20 PM
either buy two or rotate them through equipment. i'd have one on the play mat, while the other was in the jumperoo and so on. both didn't really fit on one mat.

you could also just lay down a blanket and put toys on it, instead of a 2nd gym.

TwinFoxes
11-29-2010, 03:35 PM
Stacy, I ended up ordering a big one from England. It was the only place I could find one that they could both play on. They used it together until they started cruising. I will look for contact info. Hopefully they are still in business. It is a great mat! And they didn't charge me very much for shipping (I think it was a mistake, they only charged me like 3 British pounds, I'm sure it cost more than that to send it.)

ETA: OK, it took me awhile to find it, since I bought mine 2 years ago (boo hoo!) This is the mat I have, and the company I bought it from.
http://www.twins-store.co.uk/epages/62046134.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/62046134/Products/%22TS%20Tafs%20Smart%20Play%20Mat%22

It looks like that one is out of stock, but there are others. Search "Tafs" which is the brand of mat that I bought. When I asked about the shipping, the owner of the company wrote back to me, he's the dad of twins. The shipping was 4.50 GBP. You can see from the photo it's a generous size. HTH.

JoyNChrist
11-29-2010, 03:53 PM
Stacy, I ended up ordering a big one from England. It was the only place I could find one that they could both play on. They used it together until they started cruising. I will look for contact info. Hopefully they are still in business. It is a great mat! And they didn't charge me very much for shipping (I think it was a mistake, they only charged me like 3 British pounds, I'm sure it cost more than that to send it.)

ETA: OK, it took me awhile to find it, since I bought mine 2 years ago (boo hoo!) This is the mat I have, and the company I bought it from.
http://www.twins-store.co.uk/epages/62046134.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/62046134/Products/%22TS%20Tafs%20Smart%20Play%20Mat%22

It looks like that one is out of stock, but there are others. Search "Tafs" which is the brand of mat that I bought. When I asked about the shipping, the owner of the company wrote back to me, he's the dad of twins. The shipping was 4.50 GBP. You can see from the photo it's a generous size. HTH.

Ooh, thanks! I e-mailed them!

BabyBearsMom
11-29-2010, 03:54 PM
I don't have twins, but my neice and DD would play on this one together all the time: http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Precious-Planet-Musical-Activity/dp/B001GQ2RV2

iggy_saurus
11-29-2010, 09:39 PM
I used the Leka mat from Ikea. It is 36" in diameter and big enough for both babies.

twowhat?
11-30-2010, 01:44 PM
I used the Leka mat from Ikea. It is 36" in diameter and big enough for both babies.

This is what we used too. I really liked that it was machine washable since we got lots of drool and spit-up on it:)

eta: I remember you saying you're not that close to an IKEA so the online option might be better:) But before we got the IKEA mat, we used one regular playmat with gym for when we wanted to lay a baby on her back to swat at toys above her, and then put the other baby on a boppy on her tummy with some toys in front of her. Then we'd swap so everyone could get some tummy time.

JoyNChrist
11-30-2010, 01:54 PM
eta: I remember you saying you're not that close to an IKEA so the online option might be better:) But before we got the IKEA mat, we used one regular playmat with gym for when we wanted to lay a baby on her back to swat at toys above her, and then put the other baby on a boppy on her tummy with some toys in front of her. Then we'd swap so everyone could get some tummy time.

Yeah, we're about 2.5 hours away from IKEA, but I have an aunt who lives close who could probably pick one up for us. :)

Kymberley
11-30-2010, 02:11 PM
This isn't a gym, but I got this (http://www.amazon.com/Infantino-206-538-Jumbo-Wheel-Playspace/dp/B003I86870) when it was on KidsWoot. I haven't even taken it out of the box yet, but it looks huge! I may give it to my friend who just had twins for Christmas.

TwinFoxes
11-30-2010, 02:42 PM
I don't have twins, but my neice and DD would play on this one together all the time: http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Precious-Planet-Musical-Activity/dp/B001GQ2RV2

That looks really cool.

The one I bought was 39" x59", it was huge, when they started rolling over they could each roll over a few times and not roll off the edge. :) It also had lots of toys to play with. But that round one that BabyBearsMom linked to is less expensive and seems pretty cool. I'm pretty sure that one wasn't around when my DDs were small.

cernanec
12-15-2010, 04:09 PM
We really liked doing "stations", too. It worked out nicely for our three girls.

twowhat?
12-15-2010, 11:42 PM
We really liked doing "stations", too. It worked out nicely for our three girls.

Whoa!!! Triplets!! Welcome, welcome, and welcome!

TwinFoxes
12-17-2010, 11:04 PM
Whoa!!! Triplets!! Welcome, welcome, and welcome!

:yeahthat: And congratulations!

Melaine
12-17-2010, 11:08 PM

Wow, triplets! Love the pic in your siggie too!!

OP, I just ended up with two different ones that I bought used and cheap. It was nice to have different ones to change things up. We did use them quite a bit. I was all about having two of everything though. And still am.