PDA

View Full Version : open toed shoes and tights?

marge234
11-27-2010, 05:14 PM
I remember a few years ago open toed shoes with tights became a kind of a winter trend. Is it still OK to wear open toes with tights? (I don't mean summer sandals with hose!)

scriptkitten
11-27-2010, 05:19 PM
absolutely, but as you've mentioned, one definitely needs to choose the right shoes/booties.

jvs195
11-27-2010, 10:06 PM
I've seen it in fashion magazines but I just still can't do it. I don't think I live anywhere fashionable enough to get that I meant to do it. Of course if you do it does have to be winter open toe shoes (which sounds odd, but it does look like they are just hacking the toes off perfectly good boots and shoes these days) and dark tights.

stinkyfeet
11-29-2010, 12:22 AM
I think that it would be okay if your outfit looked as though it could be featured in a magazine (not expensive clothes, but just really pulled together). Otherwise, it would probably look a little silly. :D

bluestarfish18
11-29-2010, 10:45 AM
PLEASE don't do it! IMO, it screams tacky and 80's. And it's so contradictory: if you're cold enough to need tights, don't wear open toed shoes. If you're warm enough for cute peep toed shoed, you shouldn't be wearing tights.

Fairy
11-29-2010, 11:05 AM
If you're talkin' peep toe, then I think if you choose the right tights, maybe a pattern on them, then it's fashionable right at the moment to pull them off. But I'm not the hugest ever fan of this trend. I also don't get the open toed boots at all. But from a fashion perspective, it would work.