PDA

View Full Version : Moisturizing lotion for dry skin (face)

infomama
11-28-2010, 12:18 AM
I have dry skin and when I wear makeup it becomes an issue. I have been using Yes to Carrots followed by a primer and then Tarte tinted moisturizer and it's fine but when I use a concealer on my cheeks (downplay redness) or powder to set my skin looks SO dry. I have tried cream and powder concealer http://tartecosmetics.com/tarte-item-at-ease-calming-concealer and the result is the same. I guess I just need a more moisturizing cream vs the YTC daily lotion.
Any suggestions?

DrSally
11-28-2010, 12:19 AM
Maybe also some exfoliating to get the dry flakes off? I use Paula's choice BHA gel (you can also get AHA if you don't have acne).

infomama
11-28-2010, 12:33 AM
I use my Mia before so I need something to apply after that. My skin is smooth but a little tight after using the Mia. I love the lightness of YTC but I guess it isn't enough.

DrSally
11-28-2010, 12:38 AM
Hmmm, nivea has some heavier creams. I'm not big on super moisturizing creams, so others may have better suggestions.

infomama
11-28-2010, 12:38 AM
BTW..I recently got my makeup done and she used this http://www.lancome-usa.com/Absolue-Premium-%CE%B2x/990790,default,pd.html?start=2&cgid=absolue-moisturizers
my skin looked amazing but it's SO $$$ (and I haven't looked it up on Skin Deep yet). It wasn't heavy and it didn't cause me to breakout it was just super moisturizing.

mimi2008
11-28-2010, 01:09 AM
I have dry skin too. clinique moisturizer (lotion, not gel)-- the yellow one, works well. I have no issues with my makeup on dry skin now.

mezzona
11-28-2010, 01:10 AM
Kiehl's ultra facial cream. My sis, who has even drier skin than I do just tried it this wkend and loved it too especially because it feels so light.

Eta used to use clinique dramatically different lotion. Kiehl's feels lighter, lasts longer, and actually improved the dryness.

lizzywednesday
11-30-2010, 11:25 AM
I have dry skin too. clinique moisturizer (lotion, not gel)-- the yellow one, works well. I have no issues with my makeup on dry skin now.

That's the "Dramatically Different" lotion.

I loved it until I kept breaking out after using it. (I use the gel formula pretty exclusively nowadays.)