PDA

View Full Version : ISO - Favorite computer programs for Kindergartner?

Fairy
11-28-2010, 02:23 AM
Looking to get DS a computer program. He has a brand new computer running Windows 7, and it's a touchscreen. He loves the Presidents, reading, and mystery-like stuff where you have to find stuff. Any suggestions?

tarahsolazy
11-28-2010, 11:14 PM
The iSpy games are fun, even for adults. They will read the clues to the kid if needed, as well. My three year old, six year old, and both DH and I enjoy playing. Other fun ones are Pajama Sam, Freddie Fish, and Spy Fox games. They are quest type games aimed at the 5-8 yo set. Not educational in the sense of teaching academic content, but problem solving and persistence, sure.

SnuggleBuggles
11-28-2010, 11:18 PM
Do they have to be educational? I completely agree with the above recommendations. We love Pajama Sam especially!

For a fun game, with cartoon "violence" (cartoon silly zombies falling apart when they are hit with "weaponized" plants)- Plants vs Zombies by Pop Cap is a huge hit in my house. YOu can check it out on the Pop Cap site if you want to see more.

Beth

Fairy
11-28-2010, 11:42 PM
These sound like great suggestions. They don't have to be completely educational. Ya know, I forgot about I Spy games. My friend's 14yo had these years ago, and I remember thinking how cool. Will definitely look at all these, thank you.

kristac
11-29-2010, 02:40 AM
DS likes the Jumpstart series.

Frys.com has Typing Instructor for Kids Free after Rebate (2.99 shipping)
http://www.frys.com/product/6085048

DebbieJ
11-29-2010, 12:27 PM
We like JumpStart. Costco.com often has them free or cheap after rebate.

tarahsolazy
11-29-2010, 06:37 PM
Do they have to be educational? I completely agree with the above recommendations. We love Pajama Sam especially!

For a fun game, with cartoon "violence" (cartoon silly zombies falling apart when they are hit with "weaponized" plants)- Plants vs Zombies by Pop Cap is a huge hit in my house. YOu can check it out on the Pop Cap site if you want to see more.

Beth

PvZ is also very popular here, even the three year old plays. She was walking around the other day saying, 'zombies eat my brains, but its OK, mom', lol.