PDA

View Full Version : Egg Turner...what do you use?

srhs
11-28-2010, 11:13 AM
Here is one of my kitchen-plastic-use-hall-of-shame items:
Lil Flip Egg Turner (http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=13832145)
I cringe every time I use it, but I have nothing else that will flip eggs like this. What do you use? I really need the bendiness that helps me bunch the egg white all up together as it cooks, but I of course want to get away from cooking with plastic.

Pepper
11-28-2010, 07:21 PM
Well, I use a LOT of butter - so the egg will slide around in the skillet and I can flip it in the pan w/o a spatula. But that only works if you cook one egg at a time :wink2:

LMPC
11-28-2010, 10:33 PM
I don't flip...instead I cover with a lid so that the top side cooks fully. No, it doesn't get crispy and brown, but I am always breaking yokes if I try to flip.

mezzona
11-29-2010, 01:37 AM
If I dont flip with the pan, I use the spatula to push oil over the egg continuously. A trick I learned from my MIL.

srhs
11-29-2010, 01:38 AM
If I dont flip with the pan, I use the spatula to push oil over the egg continuously. A trick I learned from my MIL.Rubber spatula? Silicone? Are those safer than plastic? Help me out. :)

mezzona
11-29-2010, 01:39 AM
Oops I meant turner! Just a plain old turner. I think oxo has a turner that can handle higher heat so it won't melt.