PDA

View Full Version : How to clean Skip Hop Studio bag?

arivecchi
11-28-2010, 08:06 PM
Can it be machine washed? I have the Skip Hop Studio Pewter Dot bag.

TwoBees
11-29-2010, 03:04 PM
I would try spot cleaning first. Here is some info from their website:

How do I clean my Skip Hop bag?
Our canvas models can be machine washed. The first course of action is to spot clean the bag. If the canvas bag still needs additional cleaning, then it can be machine washed. Take off the shoulder strap and spray any big stains with spot remover, then wash using the regular cycle on warm/cold and hang to dry. We also recommend washing on the gently cycle, and including a few towels so that the bag isn’t by itself in the washing machine. This will balance the weight and keep the bag from banging against the side of the machine. Denim should be turned inside-out before washing. Corduroy items should only be spot cleaned and not machine washed - you can also hand wash the corduroy. Washing machine spin cycles can cause excess wear to the corduroy.

http://www.skiphop.com/customercare/faq.html

I don't think the Studio Tote is canvas. I may still have the original hang tag that came with my bag at home, I'll take a look tonight. Maybe it will provide more specific info.

arivecchi
11-29-2010, 04:38 PM
Thanks. I read that blurb on their website and had no clue what to do. As you pointed out, it is not canvas. My two side pockets had sippies with juice and the juice spilled and stained the inside of the pockets. I also cannot find my tages so if you find yours that would be great!

Mrs.Christie
11-30-2010, 03:44 PM
I have the champagne colored studio bag and the outside has stains from sippy cups as well. I'm considering throwing it in the washing machine. My machine has a super gentle cycle so maybe it will turn out okay. If not, I'll just toss it.

TwoBees
11-30-2010, 09:51 PM
I checked and I can not find the tag. You might try calling customer service.

GL!

arivecchi
12-01-2010, 12:28 AM
Thanks for checking!

brgnmom
12-01-2010, 04:12 AM
I have the same bag (studio tote in pewter) & I just emailed CS about the care instructions... will let you know the response I receive. :)

I looked at the skiphop.com website & tried to find the care instructions for the studio tote and they weren't listed there. I'm guessing that the recommendations will be for spot clean only, but I'll update you w/ what I hear back from CS.

arivecchi
12-01-2010, 12:15 PM
Thank you! :)

brgnmom
12-01-2010, 12:24 PM
Thank you! :)

your welcome. ;) I'll keep you updated - so far, no response from Skip hop's CS yet via email. I'm pretty sure that the studio tote (pewter) bag cannot be machine washed though. I can see how the canvas bags would be fine in the wash, but not the ones made of faux leather... hopefully, CS will clarify soon.

brgnmom
12-01-2010, 12:43 PM
Hi arivecchi,

here's the email response I just received w/ regards to cleaning the studio bag - pewter dot, specifically:

Thank you for your interest in Skip Hop!

We recommend this bag be spot cleaned only with a damp, soapy rag. No abrasive detergents should be used.

We hope this information is helpful.

Lilia

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
Skip Hop, Inc.
50 W 23rd St 10th Fl
New York, NY 10010

Direct: 646.839.4203

Fax: 646.607.1989

Mail: 877.4.SKIPHOP

Email: [email protected]

arivecchi
12-01-2010, 12:49 PM
Argh! My whole side pockets are stained with juice.

Spot cleaning will do squat!

Thanks for the info though. I really appreciate it! :)

TwoBees
12-01-2010, 01:06 PM
Argh! My whole side pockets are stained with juice.

Spot cleaning will do squat!

Will you still use it? If not, then you really have nothing to lose by throwing it in the machine on delicate. But I would use Woolite or something similar.

Or try washing just the pockets in the tub, since they are at either end of the bag. You might be able to keep the middle dry.

arivecchi
12-01-2010, 01:17 PM
I will still use it. It's just annoying. I am afraid that the silver dots would get ruined if I throw it in the wash. :(

brgnmom
12-01-2010, 01:24 PM
I will still use it. It's just annoying. I am afraid that the silver dots would get ruined if I throw it in the wash. :(

aw have you tried using something gentle like baby wipes to try removing the juice stains? my DS spilled a little jamba juice on my aunt's rug a year or two ago & some baby wipes did the trick of removing the smoothie's stain.

arivecchi
12-01-2010, 03:08 PM
I did try wipes already. It's ok. I'll live. LOL. :)

TwoBees
12-07-2010, 12:30 PM
I found the hang tag last night while looking for something else. Unfortunately, there are no cleaning instructions. Did you have any luck with something else?

arivecchi
12-07-2010, 01:28 PM
I just tried wipes again so the stains are still there. Fortunately, it's just the side pockets.

brgnmom
12-07-2010, 05:27 PM
I just tried wipes again so the stains are still there. Fortunately, it's just the side pockets.

the baby wipes trick works the best on fresh stains. I wonder whether a small mixture of dr bronners soap and water would work.