PDA

View Full Version : Burt's Bees baby lotion?

TwoBees
11-30-2010, 08:53 AM
What's your opinion on Burt's Bees baby lotion? I know Burt's isn't organic, but is it still natural?

sunshine873
11-30-2010, 09:07 AM
Good question. I know a lot of people here don't use lotion on their kids, and I never have, but we are visiting family in WI and the dry, cold weather is wreaking havoc on all of our skin. DDs face & hands are so dry and raw, I really think I'm going to break down & use some lotion on her. We've been really happy with all of our Burts Bees products and that's what I was planning on buying today for her too...interested in hearing other's opinions.

lizzywednesday
11-30-2010, 09:37 AM
We got some as part of a sampler gift pack from my mom. And, I have to say that I hate it.

The scent is waaay too heavy and it makes me sneeze. If they made it unscented, I'd buy it for winter use.

Instead, I bought the Lavanila baby lotion from Sephora because the scent is much milder.

daisymommy
11-30-2010, 09:43 AM
It's about as "organic" as a body care product can be. It's certified by the "Natural Products Association" (little green leaf symbol on package) that does not allow the nasties in personal care products.

That said it is very strongly scented. I used to use it when I was trying to get away from using Johnson and Johnsons baby lotion, all those years back, and still was in love with heavy fragrance, and thought I just had to have it. But now I use unscented products--and they just came out with an unscented version, as well as their baby was too--yeah! I haven't tried the unscented one, but I have seen it at Target.

TwoBees
11-30-2010, 09:48 AM
It's about as "organic" as a body care product can be. It's certified by the "Natural Products Association" (little green leaf symbol on package) that does not allow the nasties in personal care products.

That said it is very strongly scented. I used to use it when I was trying to get away from using Johnson and Johnsons baby lotion, all those years back, and still was in love with heavy fragrance, and thought I just had to have it. But now I use unscented products--and they just came out with an unscented version, as well as their baby was too--yeah! I haven't tried the unscented one, but I have seen it at Target.

Can you clarify which company has come out with an unscented product? I'm not sure from your post if you mean Burt's or J+J. Thanks.

BabyBearsMom
11-30-2010, 10:41 AM
I use it on DD and it works really well. DD has mild eczema and it soothes the eczema nicely (with a little aquafor if she has a bad patch). It does have a scent, but I find it light and pleasant compared to many other baby products.

lizzywednesday
11-30-2010, 11:24 AM
Can you clarify which company has come out with an unscented product? I'm not sure from your post if you mean Burt's or J+J. Thanks.

Burt's.

We use the Burt's Bees fragrance-free baby wash and I like that a great deal! (I had no idea that their baby lotion came in unscented, though. Maybe after we run through the Lavanila stuff, I'll get that if she still needs lotion.)

ijopint
11-30-2010, 11:35 AM
I've used their products for DS and DD(6 months). I love the smell of baby Burt lotion on DD! I also used a bit of apricot oil when they bathe..good sub to moisturize DD skin during winter time.

lovebebes
11-30-2010, 09:03 PM
I bought their unscented body wash after using the regular baby bee bodywash on myself and kids for a long time. All I have to say is the bodywash does not appear to be scent free to me. As a matter of fact it smells kind of bad. Like cedar or something. And pretty strong too.

I used the baby bee lotion on myself for years, and to this day i think it is one of the most amazing hydrating products for my skin, period. The compliments I got on my "glowing" skin were endless.

I did get upset by the not so good EWG ratings and stopped using the wash and the lotion since. I am using Alba botanica unscented lotion now and it does not come close as far as truly moisturizing my skin :(

And as far as the switch from the scented to the unscented body wash-not happy either because as i said the wash stinks.