PDA

View Full Version : The 2010 Stroller Awards!!!!

arivecchi
11-30-2010, 12:43 PM
2010 is quickly drawing to a close. Therefore, we have to select our fave strollers of 2010!

What is your all-around favorite stroller of 2010?

I vote for the Mountain Buggy Swift! It's AT! It works indoors/outdoors! It converts to a double! It's a car stroller! It's super stroller! :)

Honorable mentions:

2010 best newcomer: First Years Indigo

2010 best reversible: Uppababy Vista

2010 best AT stroller: MB Swift/Terrain

2010 best umbrella/lightweigth: Al of course!

2010 best double: MB Duo

2010 best stroller accessory: Skip Hop saddle bags

VOTE! :cheerleader1:

Kaylee31
11-30-2010, 12:47 PM
I don't have most of these, just voting based on other posts and appearance!

2010 best newcomer First Years Indigo

2010 best reversible Uppa Baby Vista

2010 best AT stroller MB Swift

2010 best umbrella Maclaren Albert Thurston

2010 best double BOB Duallie

2010 best stroller accessory SK Buggy Buddy

AnnieW625
11-30-2010, 12:50 PM
Honorable mentions:

2010 best newcomer--absolutely no idea; even in my mecca of LBC, new strollers are still only available by ordering and having them shipped to your house (we have much better luck with carseats though!:rotflmao:). The Irvine BRUS (near my work) did just get in the Mamas & Papas umbrellas so I am tempted to vote for those as they are nice, but really that's it.

2010 best reversible--Uppa Baby Vista

2010 best AT stroller--Bob Revolution

2010 best umbrella--Maclaren Techno (gotta love the folding sun shade!:))

2010 best double--Bob Revolution Dualie

2010 best stroller accessory--I honestly have no clue; I don't do stroller accessories:) (oh wait, I do have one, the Ju Ju Be bag clips:rotflmao:)

all around favorite stroller of 2010-- Uppa Baby Vista
Gotta vote for my old standbys!

poohbear
11-30-2010, 12:52 PM

BJCM (For my uses, it is the best)

Honorable mentions:

2010 best newcomer - Indigo

2010 best reversible - Vista

2010 best AT stroller - BOB Revolution 16"

2010 best umbrella - Maclaren Albert Thurston Ryder

2010 best double -

2010 best stroller accessory - SK Buggy Buddy

arivecchi
11-30-2010, 12:53 PM
Don't forget to vote for best all-around stroller peeps!

crl
11-30-2010, 01:02 PM
Well, I'll vote for The MB Swift as best all around stroller. It was the only one I used for the first six months and it very nearly does it all! (I do think an umbrella is still a better choice for air travel and public transit.)

And I'll definitely vote for Skip Hop saddle bags as best accessory.

No experience with the other categories really.

Catherine

elektra
11-30-2010, 01:21 PM

Swift! I really think this is the closest thing to a one-and-only.

Honorable mentions:

2010 best newcomer: ?

2010 best AT stroller: MB Swift

2010 best umbrella: Albert Thurston Ryder

2010 best double: BOB Duallie/BJMD

2010 best stroller accessory: Valco Hitchhiker

jbbhb
11-30-2010, 02:47 PM
The swift converts to a double??? I really wish I would have done more research before I registered for my Revo, I love it, but didn't realized there were so many alternatives....hmm.

As far as the voting, I am still learning but my favorite accessories are my stroller swivlers things, I hang a grocery hand basket off them to grocery shop with my sng, works much better than putting the car seat in the cart. (esp since im 5'2" and cant see over the cart :ROTFLMAO:)

ijopint
11-30-2010, 02:54 PM
2010 best newcomer: ?
2010 best reversible: ?
2010 best AT stroller: ?

My DD stroller Icandy APPLE!! b/c it has functioned all of the description mentioned above..the stroller grows with your child . In addition, it can be a double stroller and you can change the canopy colors as well.love that feature:love5:

2010 best umbrella: Albert Thurston Ryder :bighand:

2010 best double: MBD/BJMD

2010 best stroller accessory: Maxi buggy board and footmuffs

salsah
11-30-2010, 02:57 PM
The swift converts to a double???

no, it doesn't. i'm assuming that arivecchi is referring to her use of the hitchhiker with it. if not, if it does convert to a double, then i am ashamed that apparently i haven't been paying attention!

salsah
11-30-2010, 02:58 PM
2010 is quickly drawing to a close. Therefore, we have to select our fave strollers of 2010!

I vote for the Mountain Buggy Swift! It's AT! It works indoors/outdoors! It converts to a double! It's a car stroller! It's super stroller! :)

Honorable mentions:

2010 best AT stroller: MB Swift

2010 best umbrella: Al of course!

2010 best double: MB Duo

2010 best stroller accessory: Skip Hop saddle bags

VOTE! :cheerleader1:

can we make a category for lightweights or change the umbrella category to "umbrella/lightweight"? and split the double category into two, one for lightweight/car and another for AT?

salsah
11-30-2010, 03:05 PM
since we've outgrown strollers, i haven't formed an opinion for all the categories, so i'm going vote:

all around: swift
lightweight: bjcm
double AT: duo
lightweight (car) double: bjcmd
best single AT:terrain
accessories: well, that is just too broad of a category. if i have to pick just one: i love my bjcm parent console on my mbud.

salsah
11-30-2010, 03:09 PM
wait, i thought of another.

best single for two kids: zippy (aside from the step, the seat can hold both kids!) this also wins the travel award for us (since we have two kids).

Multimama
11-30-2010, 03:15 PM

Mountain Buggy Swift

Honorable mentions:

2010 best reversible: I am really still waiting for the best reversible. Maybe the Valco Rad/iCandy Apple with jogging wheel

2010 best AT stroller: Micralite Fastfold Superlite (Is this AT enough? I didn't want to vote for the Swift twice. You have to give other strollers a chance!)

2010 best umbrella: Albert Thurston Ryder

2010 best double: Bumbleride Indie Twin

2010 best stroller accessory: Skip Hop Dash (or Maclaren liners, if diaper bags don't count as stroller accessories :))

Some of these I've never owned, but if someone really wanted to get me one stroller in each category I think I'd go with these.

liamsmom
11-30-2010, 03:28 PM
Best all-around: MB Swift
Best newcomer: Indigo/Al
Best lightweight: Al/BJCM
Best AT: BOB Rev
Best Reversible: Indigo/Valco Rad
Best Double: MB Duo--or so I hear..;)
Best accessory: SK Buggy Buddy/Mac liners

jacksmoma
11-30-2010, 04:29 PM
2010 best newcomer- not sure...

2010 best reversible- bugaboo bee!!

2010 best AT stroller MB Swift

2010 best umbrella- maxi cosi mila

2010 best double- BOB Duallie 12" AW...best double out there!

2010 best stroller accessory-SK Buggy Buddy and bundle me original

arivecchi
11-30-2010, 04:29 PM
no, it doesn't. i'm assuming that arivecchi is referring to her use of the hitchhiker with it. if not, if it does convert to a double, then i am ashamed that apparently i haven't been paying attention! You are correct! I was referring to the HH. The Swift with HH is my car double. :)

can we make a category for lightweights or change the umbrella category to "umbrella/lightweight"? and split the double category into two, one for lightweight/car and another for AT? Sure. Feel free to add categories! Fun! :boogie:

roseyloxs
11-30-2010, 04:39 PM
I will vote for what has been the best stroller for me in the past year.

2008 Bumbleride Indie. I didn't pick this stroller up until summer but it has been used and abused since then. I have used it indoors, outdoors, on sidewalks, gravel, grass, airports, airline gate checks and long road trips. This stroller is a trooper and hopefully she lives up to the expectations of her new owner.

Honorable mentions:

2010 best newcomer: For me it has to be our used BJ switchback. We needed a jogger and this dual use stroller/trailer is perfect for us.

2010 best reversible: Don't have one.. hopefully 2011 will be different

2010 best AT stroller: Bumbleride Indie

2010 best umbrella: Cybex Topaz

2010 best double: Bumbleride Indie Twin, so pretty and after further consideration I think she might just make the trip to germany with me

2010 best stroller accessory: Valco Hitchhiker!!!!

mackmama
11-30-2010, 04:43 PM
Ok I wanna play! :) Just know most of these are based on research and minimal hands-on experience:

Favorite All-Around Stroller: Bug Bee+

2010 best AT stroller: MB Terrain

2010 best umbrella/lightweigth: Uppa G-Luxe

2010 best stroller accessory: Hook 'n' Stroll Stroller Accessory

nmstrong
11-30-2010, 05:07 PM

tie between uppababy vista 2010 and bugaboo bee plus (can I do that :)

Honorable mentions:

2010 best newcomer: Bugaboo Bee Plus

2010 best AT stroller: Bob revolution

2010 best umbrella/lightweigth: I would say al but he isn't technically a lightweight-more like a mid weight? I don't really like umbrella strollers. I would have to go with a mac volo if I had to choose...

2010 best double:bob revolution duallie

i know the bob revolution is super boring but its my nicest pushing double and at!!

Multimama
11-30-2010, 05:23 PM
best single for two kids: zippy (aside from the step, the seat can hold both kids!) this also wins the travel award for us (since we have two kids).

It can hold two kids? Sitting next to each other? On top of each other? I'm having trouble picturing it!

Suggestions for another category:

Most beautiful stroller out in 2010:

For me I think it would be the Bumbleride Flyer in Seagrass

salsah
11-30-2010, 05:49 PM
It can hold two kids? Sitting next to each other? On top of each other? I'm having trouble picturing it!

there are two ways. for both ways, i recline the seat all the way. the first way, dd2 sits in dd1's lap (between her legs). this worked better when dd1 was smaller. at their age now, either one can sit in back. but now they prefer another way. the other way is to unsnap the canopy from the seat back, have dd2 sit on the seat back (reclined) facing me, and dd1 facing forward so that they are sitting back to back. i keep the canopy collapsed, but put it up so that it is between their heads.
for us, this was perfect when traveling. we debated for so long, trying to decide if we should take a double or two singles. we realized that neither would work well. the zippy is perfect. it isn't too big, but it is big enough to be comfortable for extended use while traveling. the fold was great for getting on and off of planes, trains, buses, etc. the built in step is was essential and for those times when they were both too tired to even stand, we were able to put them both in the seat. there is no way we could have managed a double or two singles on that trip. and not only is the basket a decent size, we could hang more than one bag on the handle bar w/o it tipping. was it codex who said that you could hang an elephant on the zippy w/o it tipping?

jerry_mishkata
11-30-2010, 06:11 PM
How fun! Let me take part in this, please!

Valco Baby Quad -- works indoors/outdoors, on subway, in trunk of subcompact car, steers great, air tires, full recline, great canopy, etc., etc.

Honorable mentions:

2010 best newcomer: not yet but perhaps UppaBaby Cruz

2010 best reversible: Bugaboo Frog/Cameleon. I didn't think I would be saying that but those strollers seem much better thought out than others...

2010 best AT stroller: Valco's Quad (does it qualify as AT? I never knew the definition)

2010 best umbrella/lightweigth: UppaBaby G-luxe

2010 best double: N/A

2010 best stroller accessory: skip hop saddle bags

Eagletmom
11-30-2010, 11:29 PM
Ooooh I love Surveys;)

two way tie between my MB Swift and Mutsy 4 rider

Honorable mentions:

2010 best newcomer: MB Terrain

2010 best reversible: Uppa Baby Vista or Bugaboo....

2010 best AT stroller: Bob Revolution

2010 best umbrella/lightweigth: Maclaren Ryder

2010 best double:MB Duo or MBUD

2010 best stroller accessory: Mutsy Step up board

crl
12-01-2010, 12:49 PM
I have a category to propose: Best Stroller Bargain of 2010.

I vote for the 2009 Cybex Onyx on Overstock at just under $65. Fabulous stroller for that price!

Catherine

arivecchi
12-01-2010, 12:51 PM
Catherine, I would have to say your Swift was actually the best bargain of 2010!

Al for $193 was a pretty fab bargain too!

artvandalay
12-01-2010, 12:53 PM
Well, my stroller collection is pretty tiny:ROTFLMAO:... so I am not going to vote on this.. but I was wondering if there is another 2010 Award poll here, for stuff like:

Best Diaper Bag, Best Sippy Cup.. etc.?

crl
12-01-2010, 02:07 PM
Catherine, I would have to say your Swift was actually the best bargain of 2010!

Al for $193 was a pretty fab bargain too!

Coming from the master of stroller arbitrage, that's a high compliment! I'm blushing.

Well, my stroller collection is pretty tiny:ROTFLMAO:... so I am not going to vote on this.. but I was wondering if there is another 2010 Award poll here, for stuff like:

Best Diaper Bag, Best Sippy Cup.. etc.?

Ooh, that would be fun! Start it! I'd put it in the lounge with a bunch of categories. :)

Catherine

babychi
12-01-2010, 03:22 PM
Fun!!!! My responses are based on my own collection, testing at stores, and pics and reviews of others. :)

2010 UppaBaby Vista :)

Honorable mentions:
2010 best newcomer:
MB Terrain

2010 best reversible:
UppaBaby Vista

2010 best AT stroller:
Bob Revolution

2010 best umbrella/lightweigth:
Tie between Mac Triumph and Mac Ryder

2010 best double:
MB Duo

2010 best stroller accessory:
Sunshine Kids Buggy Buddy

Beth24
12-01-2010, 07:00 PM
Look at all the fun you miss when you can't get to the boards for a couple days!!! My responses are based on my research, my own meager collection, the reviews of others and what I've seen at stores.

2010 UppaBaby Vista :)

Honorable mentions:
2010 best newcomer:
Terry

2010 best reversible:
UppaBaby Vista

2010 best AT stroller:
MB Swift

2010 best umbrella/lightweight:
Al

2010 best double:
MB Duo

Sunshine Kids Buggy Buddy

momtoax3
12-01-2010, 09:37 PM
Let's see...I think a lot of this is just based on my own experiences and ones I've seen.... I'm not well versed in single strollers though, mostly doubles.

2010 UppaBaby Vista WITH rumble seat

Honorable mentions:
2010 best newcomer:
I don't know what is "new" for 2010 as that is when I started my good fleet, I think I'm gonna stick with Vista w/rumble seat again.

2010 best reversible:
UppaBaby Vista

2010 best AT stroller:
MB Swift
Honorable mention: Valco Quad (think pretty Swift)

2010 best umbrella/lightweight:
No real opinion here, sorry. I'm not a huge lightweight fan.

2010 best double:
Wow, now that is a great question. Best lightweight double is definitely the BJCMD. Best A/T double is yet to be determined (I'll know in two weeks or so...tee hee.)

Uppa Rumble Seat