PDA

View Full Version : PP Pliko suggestions

kzook
11-30-2010, 06:19 PM
What do people think of the Peg Perego Pliko P3 stroller? I found a 2007 version for $59, but have never seen it in person. I'm looking for a lightweight stroller that can hold my diaper bag, coats, etc..., so feeling like an umbrella stroller won't quite work for my needs. Thanks for the advice!

MacMacMoo
11-30-2010, 07:19 PM
There is a very special place in my heart of the Pliko so I may be a little bias. We had a 2007 (green) Pliko which was SqueekMoo's first official stroller. We sold that one when we bought a City Mini, but when we upgraded the Mini to a city elite we bought another Pliko off CL a 2009 for $100 because there was a void the the stroller line up.

We went with the Pliko the second time around because we knew it's flaws but were able to live with them having been used to them before. The basket is "wonky" some will say un-usable, but it takes time to get use to any stroller. You have to asses it from the side, I think the most we ever put it in are SqueekMoo and mine jackets and perhaps some toys or books. The stroller wont fold if you leave anything in the basket, so I tended not to put to many things in it. As far as a diaper bag I had a Ju Ju Be packback and I got the stroller clips so I would clip it on. Fully loaded diaper bag on the stroller, it doesn't tip when SqueekMoo gets in and out.

We like how upright it can sit, but also how flat it can lay. I think it's a step up from an umbrella stroller. When we were looking for the replacemenet stroller I tried to convince DH on a Mac or Cybex, but he just didn't like them.

The hood is very nice, When DH is out and about with us I tend to drape his coat on the handle bars/ hood sicne it's too bulk to put underneath.

Also the handles are spaced in such a way, that you can place a shopping basket (the type with two handles) with a basket handle on each stroller handle so perfect for a quick Walmart or target run.

If there is anything else you like to know or like me to elaborate on just ask.