PDA

View Full Version : Off-season uses for items...got any?

WatchingThemGrow
11-30-2010, 10:29 PM
I repurposed my Saltwater Canvas Whale Bag (http://www.saltwatercanvas.com/meshbags.htm) to hold the coats in the middle of our van. It is SO much better than having them all over the place, plus my reusable grocery bags can go in the bag as well and not be a messy eyesore. Wish my bag was not bright yellow, though.

What do you have that serves a "Summer purpose and a Winter purpose?"

PMJ
11-30-2010, 11:53 PM
I pretty much do the same thing. I have a duffle bag that I put all my reusable shopping bags in.

tiapam
12-01-2010, 12:12 AM
Our basement is not super finished but it is usable for play and projects when not too messy. We have a simple picnic table with attached benches. In the winter we set it up in the basement. Hopefully this winter I will be able to use it for sorting and tossing!

KrisM
12-02-2010, 05:17 PM
Do the kids take off their coats and stick them in the bag? I'm looking for an answer for coats in the car, too.

I can't think of anything I repurpose.

tiapam
12-02-2010, 05:21 PM
Do the kids take off their coats and stick them in the bag? I'm looking for an answer for coats in the car, too.

I can't think of anything I repurpose.

We have a minivan and there is a hook on the grab bar on back of the driver's seat. I put a linkadoo on the passenger grab bar. So any coat with a hanging loop is pretty easy to hang, though I am the one who does it right now.

WatchingThemGrow
12-02-2010, 05:34 PM
We have a minivan and there is a hook on the grab bar on back of the driver's seat. I put a linkadoo on the passenger grab bar. So any coat with a hanging loop is pretty easy to hang, though I am the one who does it right now.ooh, that's a good idea, hooks. Oh wait, I have 2 RF Marathons...maybe something could go there..

My DC don't stuff their jackets in by themselves yet. Heck, only one of them is able to actually get a jacket ON independently, lol. I'll ask them to and see if they do. I just do it myself so there is room for our drink/snack shower container.

KrisM
12-02-2010, 06:14 PM
I like the Link A Doos idea. I was going to use Command Hooks, but I think they're not quite right. Will try the links. Of course, I think mine are all gone. Darn!

WTG, they'll get there! DS2 doesn't quite do his yet, but he gets it off. The others do theirs and zip and all.

tiapam
12-02-2010, 06:34 PM
our drink/snack shower container.

ok, I have to know, what is this??