PDA

View Full Version : "crayon blue" coat--what color scarf/gloves

DrSally
11-30-2010, 11:00 PM
I bought a cute Tulle wool coat in "crayon blue", and it really is like a color crayon--bright and sort of primary, but in an interesting way.

So, what color accessories? Would red "pop" or look strange? Gray? I'll post a pic if I can...

OK, here it is. The color is more vivid and special IRL. It's juniors, so I had to go with large (they're so fitted), but quite a deal at $40 for a special color coat.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/3032772?origin=keywordsearch&resultback=530

alirebco
11-30-2010, 11:07 PM
I would do gray with that color coat.

stinkyfeet
11-30-2010, 11:13 PM
maybe cream?

DrSally
11-30-2010, 11:30 PM
Definitely gray, and cream was another one I was thinking of!

DrSally
11-30-2010, 11:31 PM
OK, when I look at the pic, I think the color blue they have listed is different. Mine is "crayon blue". It's more of a bright navy/bordering on purple. But, I think the recommendations would be the same anyway...

bubbaray
11-30-2010, 11:55 PM
Bright pink.

DrSally
12-01-2010, 12:08 AM
Bright pink.

I have a bright pink JCrew scarf. I'll try it and see what it looks like!

On a related note, I just bought a blue dress--very blue. What color shoes--gray, black? Could I do dark red?

LadyPeter
12-01-2010, 04:03 PM
For your coat, I would do aqua, crayon green, orange or pink accessories. Neutrals would also work.

What kind of dress is it? Day dress? Cocktail dress? Wrap? Shirtdress?

ohsara430
12-01-2010, 04:21 PM
For the coat, obviously neutrals would work such as gray or tan/sand color, but I would try a deep pink or raspberry color or kelly green.

groundhog74
12-01-2010, 05:45 PM
I think a bright green would look pretty, but I am partial to green. lol Also a baby blue might look nice.

DrSally
12-01-2010, 09:35 PM
Bright/Kelly green, wow, that sounds like it would look nice. I'm going to have to wear my coat to the store and try it against some green scarves.

jvs195
12-02-2010, 03:54 PM
I'd get a pattern or stripe scarf with some blue in it and match the gloves to one of the other colors.

DrSally
12-06-2010, 11:09 PM
Update--well, the coat is quite fitted, so it's actually hard to wear a scarf with it, but I wore it to a Xmas program with my Gap pink heather (sort of a raspberry sorbet color) mittens and got great compliments--specifically on the coat/mitten combo. My mom was raving about the coat and I said, well, you've seen it before, and she said, "but not with those pink mittens!"

I also picked up some kelly green fleece gloves from ON (cheap), and plan to try that combo too.

Thanks to you guys! Otherwise, I would've stuck with safe cream.

DrSally
12-06-2010, 11:10 PM
For your coat, I would do aqua, crayon green, orange or pink accessories. Neutrals would also work.

What kind of dress is it? Day dress? Cocktail dress? Wrap? Shirtdress?

Oh, dress, is a sleevless sheath, but I'll wear it with a gray cardy in the winter.

LarsMal
12-13-2010, 06:25 PM
I got this coat in black today! It was still the same price- $42 at the store. I wanted to go with a fun color, but they only had black, cream, red, and charcoal. I really needed a new black coat, so I played it safe!! I really wanted the clover or heather olivine, but oh well!

I didn't take a coat into the mall so I wore it home- love it!

ETA: Looking back at the link, I really want the clover!!! I am trying so hard not to have one sent to the store. I'll wait until I get some Christmas money from my grandparents (yes, they still give me Christmas money!). If it's still on sale/available after Christmas I'm going to order the clover, too. That is my favorite shade of green!

DrSally
12-13-2010, 09:40 PM
I got this coat in black today! It was still the same price- $42 at the store. I wanted to go with a fun color, but they only had black, cream, red, and charcoal. I really needed a new black coat, so I played it safe!! I really wanted the clover or heather olivine, but oh well!

I didn't take a coat into the mall so I wore it home- love it!

ETA: Looking back at the link, I really want the clover!!! I am trying so hard not to have one sent to the store. I'll wait until I get some Christmas money from my grandparents (yes, they still give me Christmas money!). If it's still on sale/available after Christmas I'm going to order the clover, too. That is my favorite shade of green!

Fun! I like the black, but I agree that at this is a fun coat to do in a color. FWIW, my blue is more bright navy than the one pictured. I just looove it. I got so many compliments with it and pink mittens. The green would be so cool. I find with these lower quality "wool" coats, the cream doesn't look so good (you can see the fabric more if that makes sense). I walked into BR today and saw a similarily styled black coat. I'm sure the BR one is nicer, but it had a similar look!